You are here

Results for 16-11

Wednesday 19 December 2007
New Zealand
On 9 December 2007 I posted a Christmas message peace plan on the Internet for the King and the people of Tonga to think about over the festive season. In a very short period of time I have received much feed back. Some of the response was positive, some negative but most was in the middle with comments similar to "Christopher, you have held up an interesting idea, now let it go and set it free." - Christopher Harder
Saturday 15 December 2007
UK
In my letter 'Kingdom of Tonga' dated 13/12/07 I said that - quote "I am also baffled as to why a Lawyer chooses to publish an explosive letter to the world and in doing so by-passes or seeks to by-pass the Judiciary System altogether, where criminal cases related to 16/11 incidents are waiting to be heard." Today, I decided to do a bit of research about this Lawyer to see who he really is. I typed in his name to the search box, hit the return key and bingo! Now, I would like to address Mr Harder on this Forum and invite him to explain to the Tongan People the real reason behind the Peace Plan for Tonga. He wrote and published this farcical plan knowing that the possibility of any of it ever happening is virtually Nil. - Senolita Swan
Monday 6 August 2007
USA
I was reading the letter entitled 'We want greater freedom' and again was baffled by the logorrhea (though I must admit it is a bit tidier than his counterpart from the land down-under who had written a few letters ago). Anyhow, it has become wearisome listening to the regurgitating arguments/complaints/crying of the pro-temo's.
Node is premium Premium content
Sunday 11 February 2007
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Major Lieutenant Col. Fakalolo stated in an article at tonga-now.to that the TDS (Tonga Defense Service) would be growing to 1500 personnel. The tonga-broadcasting.com also had a recent article about the TDS receiving weapons and ammunition from the US Army. - Joe Smith
Sunday 28 January 2007
Salt Lake City-Utah, USA
Could the honorable Mr. Fifita cite a reference, the Old Testament, New Testament, Koran, Book of Mormon, etc that says how "God himself has put in place" Tonga's aristocracy? -Joe
Sunday 21 January 2007
Australia
As Tongans we are all responsible for the Kingdom of Tonga's future United we stand but divided we shall all fall those whom ignore history will always be doomed to repeat it again, Tonga's existence was build on sacrifice, blood, sweat and sometimes tears and vision without sacrifice we become our only worst enemy as was shown on the 16 November 2006. - Andrew Fifita
Friday 19 January 2007
Personally speaking, I suppose the time for mud-slinging and finger pointing should be over and done with as the authorities are dealing with bringing justice to the situation. A silver lining is definitely looming over the horizon that clouded the tragic events of 16/11, because now probably a better and larger city will be built to accommodate the rapid growth and expansion the business industry had experienced in the past decade. - Tavake Tohi
Friday 19 January 2007
Alaska, USA
Ko e fo'i lea "Faka-ma'opo'opo" 'oku 'uhinga ia ki hano taataanaki 'o 'ete ki'i veve (taunga) 'o fakataha'i pea kapau ko e 'ai ke tauhi pea 'oku kofukofu leva ia 'o nono'o pea hili kihe "Fata" ke toki to'o hifo 'oka fiema'u he taimi faingata'a'ia'. - Siosaia Moimoiangaha
Wednesday 17 January 2007
New South Wales,Australia
From a man who was persecuted by the Government for being a government watchdog; to regurgitating government press releases on his newspaper website in the place of independent journalism (Kalafi, if I want to find out the Government of Tonga's opinion on an issue, such as the .'Black List', or the abuse of prisoners then I'll go to the PMO or Tonga-Now website - can't you write your own articles on these issues?), to now working for the government? - Viliami
Tuesday 16 January 2007
Canberra, Australia
Since the 16/11/06 event, when the mob of anarchists looted and burned down our beloved Capital, with political counter-allegations of countless kinds afterwards as an excuse for their failure to keep themselves at bay with the democratic principles of wisdom, temperance, courage and justice, certain matters are being virtually emerged as actual attributes that seem to have caused this catastrophe, together with some continuing effects of highly disputable and unresolved nature. - Siosiua Tofua‘ipangai
Tuesday 16 January 2007
Pago Pago, American Samoa
First, let me say this. After the terrorist act of September 11 in the United States, life has never been the same anymore, anywhere especially the security aspect of it. I would like to think that after 16/11 in Tonga, life is never going to return to what it was before 16/11. For those in Tonga, they should tell themselves to get used to the 'boys in green' with road blocks and roving patrol as a way of life from now on. A necessary inconvenience and we can all thank the Demos and their supporters for their contribution. - Sione Lousiale Kava
Monday 15 January 2007
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
We keep hearing about how the Tongan Government is financially broke. With so many PhDs per capita, how can this be? Can...’t any of you come up with a good idea and execute it successfully? Here are three major reform suggestions from a slow country palangi to get the ball moving with a fresh start when parliament reopens. - Joe Smith
Saturday 13 January 2007
Pago Pago, American Samoa
First, Joe, please, do not insult my intelligence and my honor by apologizing for me and what I said. I meant every word I say. I did not need to be "mafana" as you put it. You and your Demos, have to be drunk "mafana" to be able to do what you did at Nuku'alofa. - Sione Lousiale Kava
Saturday 13 January 2007
San Mateo, California, USA
It seems the continuing bantering and rhetoric by the pro-Temo leaders knows no boundaries. The article published by Mr. Akilisi Pohiva in response to a previous article by Mr. Senituli, exhibits a political ...‘tethering...’ mentality ...– a war of words to see who can lay claim as the real playground bully. - ‘Alipate Sanft
Friday 12 January 2007
Kolomotu'a, Nuku'alofa
However, Mr. Kava went on to accuse the Pangai Si'i faifekaus of, in his own words, "encouraging disobedience to the mob". He called on the faifekaus to, "take themselves and their god to hell, for that is where they belong". And that's when I thought that Mr. Kava stepped out of line.
Wednesday 10 January 2007
I wish to thank Sione Lousiale Kava for the expression of honesty in dealing with the Faifekau (whichever denomination he might have come from) who once appeared in Pangai Si‘i on the events leading up to 16/11. I am also glad that the opportunity for Mr. Kava to commit murder thankfully did not come his way while he was in Tonga. To do so would only exacerbate the already deteriorating situation in the country. However, in my capacity as a church minister (which by God's grace I wholeheartedly embrace), I partly support his course of action relating to this particular church minister who in some way was involved (perhaps merely by his presence at Pangai Si‘i) in inciting the violence of 16/11. - Rev. Ma‘afu Palu
Sunday 7 January 2007
It is now almost two months after those dreadful events of 16/11 that resulted in most (if not all) of us Tongans being ashamed to regard ourselves as Tongans anymore. I join Dr. Taufe‘ulungaki and the many voices both from Tonga and abroad who put the blame for the events of that fateful day on the pro-democracy movement and their agenda which has long since hijacked all kind of dialogues about the political future of our country. - Rev. Ma‘afu Palu
Friday 5 January 2007
San Francisco, USA
On Jan 2007, Lopeti Senituli wrote you a letter stating that his Press Statement publicized on the Internet by you on December 28, 2006 are his "opinions and conclusions.....and not that of the Government of Tonga." I am disagreeing with Lopeti Senituli that his Press Statement was his "opinions and conclusions........and not that of the Government of Tonga." Here are my reasons for disagreeing with Lopeti Senituli: - Sosaia Fatani
Friday 5 January 2007
USA
Many Tongans like me see Akilisi Pohiva as a dangerous man. "He's a fiery populist," they say. "He'll destroy the country," they argue. "He's a fascist and a dictator in the making," they insist. But the efforts to portray the pro-Democracy leader as the Tongan version of Cuba...’s Fidel Castro totally miss the point. Akilisi Pohiva and the pro-democracy group is a symptom of deep problems that Tonga must continue to address. As the new king had promised a new chapter for the kingdom is forthcoming, we must all be vigilance in our posts to make sure change come as promised. It is unfortunate the pro-democracy group did not have patience. - Tama Foa
Wednesday 3 January 2007
Wellington, New Zealand
What an extraordinary woman Queen Victoria was. According to Venisi Uata (1 January 2007) the grand old lady gave a speech in India on November 24, 1930. emarkable. She had been dead for 29 years by then. Oh, and she never in her life went to India. -Michael J Field

Pages