You are here

Results for 16-11

Friday 15 December 2006
Auckland, New Zealand
Ko e lea malie ‘a Ratu Mara he 'osi e ku ‘o e 87. 'Oku ou mahino'i e kaveinga ka 'oku ‘ikai teu poupou'i ‘e founga. 'Oku pehe tofu 'a 'eku mahino'i e kaveinga 'o e 16/11 'a Tonga pea moe 512 'a Fisi ka 'oku ‘ikai teu poupou'i e founga. - Sailosi Finau
Node is premium Premium content
Friday 15 December 2006
Halatahi, Nuku'alofa, Tonga
'I he taimi 'oku kamata ke fatu ai ha pepe fo'ou 'i he manava 'o e fa'e, 'e kamata leva ke ne teuteu'i 'a 'ene mo'ui ki he tanaki fo'ou ki he famili, kau ai mo e 'a'ahi mo muimui'i 'a e ngaahi fale'i 'a 'ene Toketa, hange nai ko e ngaahi talatalaifale 'e fai ange 'e he 'ene fa'e he kuo ne fou mai 'i he ngaahi taukei 'o e mo'ui kau ai mo hono fa'ele'i 'o 'ene tama 'oku lolotonga feitama. - Tahi Ponesi'i
Thursday 14 December 2006
It gives us some comfort to know that Tongans abroad are united in condemning the violence and destruction to our beloved Kingdom. Initially established as a well-meaning political quest, the pro-democracy movement has in recent years been infiltrated by self-interest and misconceived democratic principles. We have poured our heart out in shock and grief for the innocent and the general population who will quietly suffer the consequences. - ‘Inoke Fotu Hu‘akau
New Zealand
Fkmalo atu 'Etita e mau faingamalie ni kae tuku mu...’a ke u fklavelave atu ai kihe tohi a Mr. Joe. E Joe kai te u lave'i pe ko e liliu mamalie fe 'oku ke tapakaki mai ki ai? Naaku fanongo he letio 531 na'e lea ai e tagata'eiki pea na'e pehe 'e he tagata'eiki koeni tokua na'e 'osi temokalati pe a Tonga ia talu meihe 1880 tupu. - Mosese Fineanganofo
Pago Pago, American Samoa
I was informed this morning by my contact at OTICIDE (Office of Territorial and International Criminal Intelligence and Drug Enforcement) that a notorious gang banger and rapist of Tongan decent is being deported to Tonga from New Zealand. This deportee has spent up to 14 years in jail. OTICIDE is the arm of the FBI and INTERPOL in the Pacific. - Lousiale Kava
Friday 8 December 2006
Kolofo'ou,Nuku'alofa,Tonga
Since Nov 16, I have not been able to rest nor sleep with peace contemplating the fate of our beloved country and the future of my children as Tongans. I have never been appalled and ashamed to be a Tongan in my whole life but at the same time I have been very relieved to see that a great number of Tongans have denounced what happened and hold the "pro-democracy" leaders responsible for the events of Nov 16th. - Tonu Melino
Friday 8 December 2006
San Mateo, California, USA
Now that the fires in Nuku‘’alofa are distinguished it seems there may be smoldering embers still in our midst. Since the burial of King Tupou IV, it is amazing how quickly and deep-distant the downward spiral of Tonga morale has come. And the news each day from Tonga isn't getting better, and the forecast for the immediate future seems bleak too. - ‘Alipate Sanft
Sunday 3 December 2006
Please allow me to raise my concern on the barbaric and shameful episodes of November 16. I'm a Tongan alien residing and working in American Samoa and after our local media has repeatedly showing and displaying headlines on the events of 16/11, my pride as a Tongan was crashed and gone forever. We Tongans here are labeled as barbaric, primitive, racist, un-civilized and the list goes on to words like unchristian and impulsive.
Saturday 2 December 2006
New Zealand
Kataki pe 'Etita kae tu'u atu 'a e ki'i fakahoha'a koeni 'i ho'o pepa, Pea me'a pango ia ko 'etau tui kehekehe mo toe fetukuaki holo he me'a kuo hoko. 'Oku 'ikai toe veivei 2 'eku tui ko e tataki 'eni mo e kinikini hala kuo fai 'e he Pule'anga kuo tau tu'ulu kiai 'i he 'ahoni . - Taniela Latu
Friday 1 December 2006
Atlanta,USA
I wish to applaud the recent efforts of some women of Tonga by taking the initiative to break the silence and show solidarity for peace and development for the Kingdom. Though many miles away from home, we stand in solidarity with you, Rev Toe...’umu Fineanganofo, Dr Toa Fakakovikaetau, Salamo Fulivai and the rest of the silent majority. - ‘Amelia Kinahoi-Siamomua
Friday 1 December 2006
Fangaloto,Nuku'alofa,Tonga
Na'aku faka'amu pe na'e lava ke ke 'omai ha ngaahi fakataataa mahino 'a e ngaahi me'a na'e lava 'e 'Akilisi Pohiva, 'o hange ko ho'o tohi, ke fai ha sio kiai. Kiate au, 'oku mo'oni ho'o tohi, ko e me'a 'oku ou 'ilo ne lava 'e 'Akilisi 'o fai, ko e lea ta'e ufi ki he kau taki e fonua, 'i he ngaahi me'a 'oku 'ikai tatau mo 'ene tui, pea hikihiki to ai 'e ne founga fakafalealea pea a'u ki he ngaahi 'aho ni kuo hilio 'ene lea ta'efaka'apa'apa mo 'ene ta'etoka'i mai ha taha, 'o a'u ai pe eni ki he tu'unga koia 'oku 'i ai 'a Tonga he ngaahi 'aho ni. - Janine Popoahi
Friday 1 December 2006
USA
This is how the First King of Tonga Dedicated this little Kingdom, so where did it go now? What happened to the so called 'The Friendly Islands?" What a shame on those people who caused all of those mess and how dare they tried to destroy the Land that was given to God. I am very disappointed and ashamed of those so called People's Representatives that were behind the whole thing. - Teisa Tupou
Thursday 30 November 2006
Black November should be a wakeup call for the Ministry of Police and other Government Emergency Management Agencies Regular citizens like me could get away from our lack of or no response to avoid the disaster of November 16 simply saying we had no idea that anything of this magnitude was going to happen. - HMHC Mafi ‘o America Samoa
Tongatapu,Tonga
'Oku ou fie lave heni ki he'eku a'usia 'i he ngaahi taimi na'e fai ai e ngaahi talanoa 'a e kakai mo e komiti ki he liliu fakapolitikale. Na'aku fiefia lahi 'aupito 'i he faifaiange pea finangalo 'a e Tama Tu'i ki ha fakalakalaka pehe ni, pea mokoi ke fokotu'u e komiti fakafonua koeni na'e 'iloa ko e komiti 'a e Tu'i Pelehake. Na'a ku feinga leva keu 'alu ki he ngaahi fakataha'anga ko eni keu fanongo tonu ki he ngaahi talanoa 'oku fai ai. 'I he'ene a'u mai ki homau kolo 'a e fakataha koeni, na'aku 'alu kiai. - Jan
Honolulu, Hawai'i, U.S.A.
Ne maumau'i 'e he kau Fakafofonga Kakai 'enau Fuakava (Oath of Office) ke poupou'i e Lao kimu'a pea nau toki kamata ngaue 'i Fale Alea. Ko e tautea ko e faka'ilo faka-Fale Alea (impeachment) ai kinautolu, pea mo e ngaahi hia mamafa 'o kau ai 'a e tamate. - Fanolua Ha‘afuluhao
Orlando, Florida,USA
The (5) People's Representatives who claimed responsibility for the riots claim responsibility for the crimes, as well. - Lino T. Fakalata-Sanft
Wednesday 29 November 2006
USA
Since November 16th we have been entertained by the War of Words that is currently taking place between Dr. Sitiveni Halapua and Mr. Lopeti Senituli and having been a resident of Fiji for many years until last year, I am beginning to observe a familiar pattern to that in Fiji. - Amelia Kinahoi-Siamomua
West Texas,USA
In June of this year, my wife and I traveled to Tonga. It was a fantastic trip in which we experienced the warmth and hospitality of the Tongan way. I would especially like to thank the airport officials who went above and beyond the call of duty to assist my wife and I. This letter is not about that, it is written to those who participated in those terrible riots that destroyed so very much and cost the lives of so many.. Ohh, my friends how I weep for those families I send to them my love, my condolences and my concern. - Larry Norton
Nuku'alofa, Tonga
I am currently living in California of the United States, and I am just devastated of the recent attacks on our city. I just left Tonga two weeks ago from my uncle's funeral, and the last memory I had with Nuku'alofa was having breakfast with my cousin at Cafe Escape. I have gone back to Tonga every school holiday for the last 8 years, and as an American born I have witnessed some great developments in Tonga's capital. I am just shocked and sadden of the destruction of the beloved city, and hope that those who were involved and those whom lead the riot face punishment for their actions. - Ane Tapa‘atoutai
USA
In light of the destruction and chaos brought on to the kingdom by the peaceful Temos, I want to share a few humor with you. I want to emphasize, this is not a personal attack on anyone's character. This is intended to put a smile on the reader's face. I heard smile increases face values. - Tama Foa

Pages