TONGA RUGBY UNION
• NATIONAL WOMEN’S COACH
Tonga Rugby is looking to appoint a Head Coach for the Women’s 15s for the Oceania Championships. The coach will service the team from March through to the completion of the competition.
There will be the opportunity to extend the employment past this competition if the team is successful.
Purpose of the Role:
- Coach the Women’s Tongan 15s Rugby team for the Oceania Championships.
- To positively influence the direction and culture of Women’s Rugby in Tonga.
- Possess a strong philosophy on the direction of our National Women’s Rugby programme.
- Work with the Head of Performance and the Lead Analyst in identifying the best available Tongan talent.
The criteria for the Head Coach position are as follows:
- Level 2 coaching qualifications.
- Demonstrable Coaching Experience.
- Expert ability to coach an area of the game, for example attack. Lineout etc..
- Understanding of the principles of attack and defence.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and implement coaching philosophies and team objectives to players.
- Overall excellent communication skills with all those involved directly and indirectly in an national rugby environment (Board; Management; Support staff; Players; Stakeholders; Media).
- Ability to assist the growth of a rugby culture that embraces and is sympathetic to Tongan values and the Tongan playing and coaching environment.
- International rugby experience.
This position requires international travel with no visa restrictions.
The position is domiciled in Tonga.
For a copy of the job description and/or more details please contact:
Peter Harding, CEO, Tonga Rugby + 676 7702226 or Richie Taliauli, Development Manager, Tonga Rugby on +676 7794746
Applications close March 24th 2023 5pm (Tongan time) and only successful applicants will be notified of a final interview either by phone or in person within 7 days of closing.
All applications must include an up to date CV and written application addressing at least the position’s Training and Qualifications and Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements, email to impossibles_6ft [at] hotmail [dot] com or rtaliauli [at] gmail [dot] com