Tonga’s Declaration of a State of Emergency has been renewed from 8pm 23 November to 8pm 21 December due to the continuous spread of CoViD-19 around the world.
The declaration applies over all the land and sea areas of Tonga.
In addition, the national CoViD-19 restrictions have been renewed from 8pm 23 November to 8pm 21 December.
The key restrictions are:
- Night-time curfews from midnight to 5:00am enforced by the Tonga Police, His Majesty's Armed Forces and relevant authorised officers.
- All activities and gatherings in Tonga shall:
- not exceed the maximum number defined as mass gathering (not exceeding 50 people indoors and 100 outdoors);
- comply with social distancing (keeping 1.5m from any other person at all times); and
- comply with the Ministry of Health requirements for sanitation and hygiene (including personal hand hygiene).
- Funeral gatherings shall be restricted to a total of 50 people indoors and 100 people outdoors with an authorised officer to be present throughout.
Tonga Police and His Majesty's Armed Forces and any authorised officers for the purposes of securing public safety and maintenance of public health shall have the power to enforce these directions.