MINISTRY OF METEOROLOGY, ENERGY, INFORMATION, DISASTER MANAGEMENT, ENVIRONMENT, CLIMATE CHANGE AND COMMUNICATIONS (MEIDECC)
Request for Expression of Interest
Project Manager (PREP Tonga/CON38)
|Credit No.:||5689 TO/|
|Grant No.:||D078 TO|
|Assignment Title:||PROJECT MANAGER for PMU|
|Reference No.:||PREPTonga / CON38|
The Government of Tonga has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Pacific Resilience Program (PREP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services for PROJECT MANAGER.
The Consultant service (“the Services”) is responsible and accountable to the CEO of MEIDECC in the management and coordination of the PREP activities to ensure that the PMU collaborates with the World Bank and MEIDECC, MOF, and other agencies as and when needed (MOI, MOET, CIU etc.), on the development of Project strategic documents; the project is implemented in accordance with the various Legal and Financing Agreements; the objectives of the Project, procurement plans and action plans and the provisions of other relevant strategic, and legal documents are implemented in a timely manner; project expected outputs and deadlines contribute to mutually agreed milestones and key performance indicators.
The Ministry of Meteorology, Energy, Information, Disaster Management, Environment, Climate Change and Communications (MEIDECC) now invites eligible Individual Consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing their Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The Shortlisting criteria are:
- Bachelor’s degree in administration, policy, project management, economics, engineering or other relevant discipline from a recognized university;
- Demonstrated 5 years’ experience in project management or contract management across at least two countries;
- Demonstrated experience of developing and managing project work plans and budgets in excess of TOP 2 million;
- Demonstrated and hands on experience implementing and managing contracts;
- At least three years in donor funded projects experience in the Pacific Region or similar small island states context;
- Experience of project, construction or contract management for projects with works budgets in excess of USD 2 million;
- Demonstrated familiarity with World Bank procurement, financial management and safeguards policies and guidelines;
- Proven experience in managing projects with diverse stakeholders and tight timeline;
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines;
- Demonstrated high-level reporting skills;
- High level computer skills are essential (including MS Project or equivalent, Excel and MS Word);
- Fluent verbal, written and presentation communication skills in English;
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, coordination and the mentoring of staff;
- Willingness to travel within Tonga (i.e. to the outer-islands).
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for Investment Project Financing Borrowers” July 2016 revised November 2017 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Selection of Individual Consultant method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained by sending an email to: Lilika Fifita, PREP PMU at: preptonga [at] gmail [dot] com - Project Management Unit, MEIDECC.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person or by e-mail) by 15 March 2021.
Attention: Paula Ma’u, The Chief Executive Officer
Ministry of Meteorology, Energy, Information, Disaster Management, Environment
Climate Change and Communications (MEIDECC)
P. O. Box 1380
1st Floor OG Sanft Building
Tel: (676) 23-160 or 28-170
E-mail: paulm [at] mic [dot] gov [dot] to and copy to PMU: preptonga [at] gmail [dot] com