Vacancy at the Tonga Skills Program
Applications are invited from interested individuals for the position of Communications Coordinator at the Tonga Skills Programme.
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for administering communications activity to help promote the program and its outcomes in Tonga and more broadly in the Indo-Pacific region. The position will require someone capable of producing digital, print and audio-visual communication products for a range of platforms: television, social media, radio and press. The Communications Coordinator will manage the implementation of the program Communications Strategy. A key focus of the role will be supporting the advocacy agenda of the Program and ensuring support from a range of stakeholders including the Government of Tonga and the Government of Australia.
Applicants are expected to have the following:
- Qualification and/or experience in communications, journalism, marketing or other relevant discipline.
- Excellent English and Tongan communication skills, both written and oral.
- Experience and enthusiasm for working with electronic media, particularly websites, online forums and social networking media.
- Experience in transforming technical information into engaging communications for a variety of audiences.
- Excellent coordination skills, specifically proven multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Good strategic networks, particularly across the media, Government and civil society.
- Ability to work in a team environment with a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- High level skills and competence with Microsoft Office suite of programs, Internet, and communications tools and resources.
For a complete Application Package, contact Tonga Skills on the details below:
- Finance and Administration Manager: kalo [dot] nginingini [at] tongaskills [dot] com
or call at
Tonga Skills office
1st Floor Lalita Building,
Tonga Skills Program is a skills development initiative funded by the Australian Government.
All applications must be received no later than 4.30pm, Friday 21 September 2018.