Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships: Tonga:
Ministry of Education and Training
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the UK (CSC) provides the UK government’s Commonwealth scholarship scheme led by international development objectives. Since 1960, the CSC has funded over 30,000 individuals to study in the UK and gain skills, acquire knowledge and build networks to tackle global development challenges.
The CSC is open for applications between 06 September 2022 and 18 October 2022.
The Ministry of Education and Training is accepting applications between 07 September 2022 and 18 October 2022.
CSC Eligibility Criteria for Commonwealth Master’s Candidates
To apply for these scholarships, you must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September 2022
- By September 2022, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard, OR a second class degree (2:2) and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree). The CSC would not normally fund a second UK Master’s degree. If you are applying for a second UK Master’s degree, you will need to provide justification as to why you wish to undertake this study
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
- Provide full transcripts detailing all your higher education qualifications including to-date transcripts for any qualifications you are currently studying (with certified translations if not in English) – uploaded to the online application system
- Provide references from at least two individuals.
• 18 October 2022
How to apply
• Candidates must apply using the CSC’s online application system which can be found https://cscuk.fcdo.gov.uk/scholarships/commonwealth-masters-scholarships/. The CSC is unable to accept any applications that are not submitted via the online application system or after the closing date listed above.
Contact us: • Follow us on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/PotungaueAko
Please note that all applicants are recruited in line with the CSC’s anti-fraud policy and procedure, which can be viewed here.
You must make sure you read all general conditions, information and guidelines for the Scholarships before starting an application; these can be found on the CSC website.