Join the Leading Financial Group of the South Pacific
BSP Financial Group Limited (BSP) is a modern and energetic bank with the largest branch, rural and electronic banking networks in Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Solomon Islands, Cook Islands, Samoa, Tonga and Vanuatu. BSP is committed to providing the highest level of service combined with market leading Financial solutions to our corporate and retail customers.
A vacancy now exists for Branch Manager, in Tonga, Vava'u. Reporting directly to Manager Branch Network, the role's prime responsibility is to position the Bank as the number one financial services business within the local area. The successful applicant will be responsible for running and growing business by management of expense budget, developing and delivering on a business plan for their local area and build up a positive high profile in the local community.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Lead the business to deliver profit expectations through the achievement of revenue, expenses, employee and customer advocacy targets.
- Develop awareness of local area market and evaluate local area competition to agree a business plan to achieve objectives with the Country Head.
- Manage expense budget to ensure that non-lending losses, tellers' errors, stationary and overtime are kept to a minimum.
- Analyse workloads to actively plan, manage and roster staff in order to improve the branch flexibility and optimise staff utilisation.
- Actively role model, coach and empower the team to deliver an unmatched customer experience by providing all available options to fulfill customers’ current and future needs.
- Select, manage and develop team to ensure staff have the right skills in the right place at the right time.
- Accountable for effective operations of the branch including cash management, transaction processing, and Occupational Health and Safety.
- Be an active member of the local community to build and sustain effective business relationships to realise opportunities for BSP and the local community and drive brand advocacy across the entire community.
- Be the face of BSP for local media, council and local community groups.
Essential Qualifications, Professional / Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary Qualification in a business related field or equivalent
- 3 years plus experience in a sales and service environment
- Commercial acumen and a Highly developed influential skills
- Demonstrated delivery of Strategic plan
- People sales and service
- Delivering initiatives and activities within community
- Risk and Compliance discipline focus
Salary will commensurate with skills and experience of the successful candidate.
If you think you have the appropriate skills and experiences to perform this role, please send your application and detailed CV with a valid Police Clearance issued within the last 12 months to:
The Manager Branch Network, Mele Cocker via email MCocker [at] bsp [dot] com [dot] pg
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Applications close at 4pm, Friday 15th October 2021.