MINISTRY OF METEOROLOGY, ENERGY, INFORMATION, DISASTER MANAGEMENT, ENVIRONMENT, CLIMATE CHANGE AND COMMUNICATIONS (MEIDECC)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Procurement Assistant (PREP Tonga/CON41)
Ministry of Meteorology, Energy, Information, Disaster Management, Environment, Climate Change and Communications (MEIDECC)
Pacific Resilience Program (PREP) Tonga
Credit No: 5689 TO/Grant No.: D078 TO
Assignment Title: Procurement Assistant
Reference No.: PREP Tonga / CON41
The Government of Tonga has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Pacific Resilience Program (PREP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services for Procurement Assistant.
The Consultant service (“the Services”) required is to assist with implementation of all procurement activities for the project. S/he will ensure that all procurement is conducted in accordance with the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for Investment Project Financing Borrowers” July 2016 revised November 2017, August 2018 and November 2020 (“Procurement Regulations”) and the provisions stipulated in the Financing Agreement between the World Bank and the Government of Tonga for the Pacific Resilience Program (PREP). The duration of the assignment is 1 year.
The Ministry of Meteorology, Energy, Information, Disaster Management, Environment, Climate Change and Communications (MEIDECC) now invites eligible Individual Consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing their Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The Shortlisting criteria are: Academic qualification and relevant experience
- Minimum BA/BS with a major in a relevant discipline (e.g Business Administration, Engineering, Commercial, Law)
- Minimum years of relevant experience: 1 year General competencies; Ability to function effectively in multi-disciplinary teams within a matrix management environment, and to promote collaboration in providing a range of procurement services.
Essential Specialized Skills / Knowledge / Competencies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Tongan and English, with ability to prepare, present and discuss findings in written and oral form.
- Strong mathematical skills
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Excel and Word
- Knowledge and understanding of public procurement systems of the Kingdom of Tonga and of the World Bank’s (or other Donor’s) procurement policies, processes and practices would be an advantage
- Successful completion of relevant procurement courses will be considered an advantage. Examples of these courses are:
- World’s Bank’ Certificate Program in Public Procurement (CPPP)
- World’s Bank Certificate Program in Contract Management (CPCM)
- CIPS/UNDP Introductory Certificate in Public Procurement – CIPS Accredited, Level 2
- CIPS/UNDP Advanced Certificate in Public Procurement – CIPS Accredited, Level 3
- Diploma in Strategic Public Procurement, CIPS Accredited Level 4
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for Investment Project Financing Borrowers” July 2016 revised November 2017, August 2018 and November 2020 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Selection of Individual Consultant method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained by sending an email to: Lilika Fifita, PREP PMU at: preptonga [at] gmail [dot] com - Project Management Unit, MEIDECC.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person or by e-mail) by 15 October 2021.
Attention: Paula Ma’u, The Chief Executive Officer
Ministry of Meteorology, Energy, Information, Disaster Management, Environment, Climate Change, and Communications (MEIDECC)
P. O. Box 1380
OG Sanft Building
Tel:(676) 23-160 or 28-170
E-mail: paulm [at] mic [dot] gov [dot] to and copy to PMU: preptonga [at] gmail [dot] co