2021 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP IN THE UNITED KINGDOM
The Ministry of Education and Training is pleased to announce that the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the United Kingdom (CSC) is inviting nominations from Tonga for Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships tenable from September/October 2021.
Awards are tenable at any UK institution or higher education with whom the Commission has a joint-funding agreement. A list of these institutions can be found at: http://bit.ly/cscuk-uk-universities
- Candidates must be citizens of Tonga;
- Must be available to commence their academic studies in the United Kingdom by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2021;
- Must hold, or expect to hold by September 2021, a first degree of at least upper second class honours standard, or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification.
- Must provide all supporting documentation in the required format
- Must not be able to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship.
These scholarships are offered under six themes and candidates must apply under one of these themes;
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security, and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
Candidates are required to state in their application which of the above six development themes they are applying under. All candidates must also demonstrate in their application the direct and applied relevance of their study to development in Tonga. Candidates should make any such link explicit in their applications.
All Candidates are expected to submit independent applications directly to their preferred institutions in the United Kingdom at the same time as applying for the Scholarship.
Consideration will be given to candidates of the highest academic quality who demonstrate a capacity to make a difference in Tonga. Applications will be graded in consideration of the following;
- Academic merit of the candidate
- Quality of the study plan
- Potential impact of the work on the development of our country
The CSC will make the final selection of candidates and host institutions.
How to apply:
The application form is available on the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission website for the candidates to access by following the appropriate link at: http://cscuk.fcdo.gov.uk/about-us/scholarships
All candidates must complete the Commission’s Electronic Application System by 18th January 2021.
The deadline for receipt of all required supporting documentation: i) proof of citizenship, ii) all university academic transcripts, iii) two references is 1 February 2021. All required supporting documentation must be submitted directly to the CSC’s online application system.
However, a completed application form should be printed and submitted with certified copies of all requested documents to the Scholarships Unit, Ministry of Education and Training in the usual way no later than 4: 30 PM, Wednesday 3, February 2021.
All queries about this scholarship application process should be addressed to the Scholarships Unit , Ministry of Education and Training on Tel: 7400944/7400943 or email: sptelefoni [at] gmail [dot] com