Opportunity for a Deputy Manager of Corporate Services
Ports Authority Tonga (PAT) is a Public Enterprise responsible for serving the country’s vital international trades and maintains the operations and assets of the Port of Nukuálofa.
The Ports Authority Tonga is seeking to recruit a competent, committed, self-motivated and enthusiastic candidate for the role of the Deputy Manager of Corporate Services. The Deputy Manager of Corporate Services will report to the Manager of Corporate Services.
As a Deputy Manager of Corporate Services, you will be responsible for:
- Administering, supervising, monitoring, implementing and reviewing of the Human Resource function and Staff Training of the Authority to ensure the maximization of the productivity of the Authority by optimizing the effectiveness of its employees.
- Contribute towards an accurate, complete and timely payroll system as well as the recruitment process of the Authority.
- Contribute to meeting the Authority’s required reports and in compliance with the Public Enterprise Act.
- Contribute to property development, new proposals and project analysis of the Authority and ensure that all legal and debt recovery are followed up and reported accurately.
- Ensure that all contracts prepared are in accordance with the Authority’s terms.
- Contribute to the development, coordination and implementation of the Authority’s Performance Management.
- Responsible for formulating and monitoring of the overall operational and capital budget of the Corporate Services Division.
- Oversee and proactively manage all legal and external affair matters of the Authority through working together with the Authority’s legal counsel.
- Assist the HR supervisor with the Authority’s 5-year succession planning and make recommendations to the Manager.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Be remunerated at level 3 of the Ports Authority Tonga’s salary scale plus other monetary benefits.
- Have a Bachelor Degree or relevant qualification in Management or Business Administration.
- Basic knowledge in Accounting or Finance.
- 5 years’ minimum experience in a managerial level.
- Past experience in facilitating, preparing and delivering in-house trainings.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Administration & HR.
- Previous experience in recruitment and performance management system.
- Be computer, Microsoft Office and internet literate.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent skills in report and letter writing.
Interested candidates may submit their application (a cover letter) in English expressing their interest in the proposed work, enclosing your Resume, certified academic transcripts/copies of certificates with a recent passport sized photograph and reference letters. All applications must be received no later than 4.00 pm, Friday 20th September 2019, and addressed to the:
Acting Chief Executive Officer
Ports Authority, Tonga
For further information, please contact the Manager Corporate Services on 23-168 from Monday to Friday during work hours 8.30am – 4.30pm, or email mlavemaau [at] portsauthoritytonga [dot] com.
Applications that are considered will be interviewed.