Announcement: Employment Opportunity
Health Promoting Schools Officer (Nuku’alofa, Tonga)
The World Health Organization (WHO) is seeking a qualified individual to serve as the Health promoting Schools officer for the Health Promoting Schools Programme in Tonga. The officer will provide technical and administrative support for implementing health promotion activities in schools.
- To provide overall coordination of Tonga’s Health Promoting Schools (HPS) programme
- Support the secretariat of the HPS steering committee
- Support the assessment of schools, collection of and manage HPS programme-related data
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the national HPS plan and provide technical assistance to schools to develop school HPS plans
- Assist schools in developing and implementing the HPS programme a school-level
- Coordinate HPS programme support and resources from partners and stakeholders
- To perform other related duties as assigned by the supervisors.
Subject to the agreement of both parties, these terms of reference may be modified from time to time, as required in the interest of the project/activity.
The signatory will primarily work under the direction of and will report to the Deputy Chief Executive Officer in the Ministry of Education and Training and technically report to the WHO Technical Officer in the Country Liaison Office, Tonga.
Educational and experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, education or related field.
- At least 5-7 years of classroom teaching experience.
- Experience or strong familiarity with the Health Promoting Schools Programme is an asset.
- Good knowledge of spoken and written Tongan and English.
Details of the proposed position:
- Salary for this position will be based on qualifications and experience based on the local Government rate.
- Duration of position: 9 months, with potential to renew (subject to performance and funding).
- The person will be provided office space and necessary office equipment in the Tonga Ministry of Education and Training.
Timing of Appointment:
This position will remain open until 17:00 (Tonga-time) on 12th July (extended). Appointment will be soonest after the selection.
Applicants interested in interviewing for this position should submit a cover letter and resume / CV by email to the following address:
Email setoyay [at] who [dot] int
Dr Yutaro Setoya
Country Liaison Office
World Health Organization