Ministry of Meteorology, Energy, Information, Disaster Management, Environment, Climate Change and Communications (MEIDECC)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Pacific Resilience Program (PREP) Tonga
Credit No: 5689 TO/Grant No.: D078 TO
Assignment Title: Finance Officer
Reference No.: PREPTonga / CON08
The Government of Tonga has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Pacific Resilience Program (PREP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services for a Finance Officer.
The Consultant service (“the Services”) includes support the Project Management Unit (PMU) to maintain the existing accounting systems to oversee the government and use of project funds; maintaining and or overseeing the day-to-day project financial transactions; maintaining appropriate financial records and documentation of all project income, expenditures and other transactions that meet donor and audit requirements.
This is a full-time position and will be based at the Project Management Unit (PMU) at MEIDECC.
The Ministry of Meteorology, Energy, Information, Disaster Management, Environment, Climate Change and Communications (MEIDECC) now invites eligible Individual Consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing their Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The Shortlisting criteria are:
- Bachelor’s degree in either accounting or financial management or equivalent field;
- Relevant and recognized professional accounting qualifications or a minimum of 5 years’ experience working as an accountant or bookkeeper in a similar project environment;
- Applicants who do not have a degree but able to demonstrate a minimum of 8 years’ experience operating in similar positions will also be considered for this position;
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing in both Tongan and English;
- Ability to listen and ascertain the needs of customers; ability to find and communicate accurate information concerning process, policies and procedures to customers; and ability to respond to customers tactfully and courteously;
- High integrity and accountability in all aspects of project procurement;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other departments, vendors and the public;
- Must be a person of proven honesty and integrity with no criminal record, result oriented and proactive;
- Experience in a donor funded project or organization will be an added advantage.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for Investment Project Financing Borrowers” July 2016 revised November 2017 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Selection of Individual Consultant method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained by sending an email to: Lilika Fifita, PREP PMU at: preptonga [at] gmail [dot] com - Project Management Unit, MEIDECC.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by 29 March 2019.
Attention: Paula Ma’u
The Chief Executive Officer
Ministry of Meteorology, Energy, Information, Disaster Management, Environment,
Climate Change and Communications (MEIDECC)
P. O. Box 1380
1st Floor OG Sanft Building
Tel: (676) 23-160 or 28-170
E-mail: paulm [at] mic [dot] gov [dot] to and copy to PMU: preptonga [at] gmail [dot] com.