TONGA CABLE LIMITED
Chief Executive Officer
Tonga Cable Limited (TCL) seeks expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experience individuals who wish to be considered for the position of Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for Tonga Cable Ltd.
Tonga Cable Limited is a public enterprise that owns and manages the fibre optic cable system between Tonga and Fiji and has embarked on construction of domestic cable to Ha’apai and Vava’u and provides wholesale capacity as well as other services to its clients.
The CEO as head of Tonga Cable Ltd is responsible to the Board of Directors for managing and leading the TCL in all aspects of its strategic and commercial operations, including project management of TCL’s network expansion both the domestic cable extension project and international restoration cable project. The CEO’s other core function is to fulfill the Company Secretary role for the TCL Board of Directors.
This post is suitable for candidates who have the requisite qualifications, experience and are hardworking, honest, reliable, committed, and willing to work as a team at all times.
Key responsibilities as CEO include but not limited to:
- To direct and manage all aspects of the operation of TCL and to ensure efficient running of the Company. To grow the business and provide high quality capacity and associated services to meet the needs of clients.
- To devise and formulate the Budget, Strategic Plan and Business Plans for TCL.
- To manage TCL’s relationship in all matters with its corporate and business customers and relevant government and non-government statutory entities or associations to ensure that TCL’s views are communicated and statutory reporting requirements are met expeditiously.
- To ensure that TCL operations are managed in accordance with the objectives and requirements contained in the articles of association and the provisions of the Companies Act and Public Enterprises Act and the Company’s Share Holders Agreement.
- To be the leader and proactive participating member of the management team.
Key responsibilities as Company Secretary include but are not limited to:
1. Secretarial functions:
- To ensure TCL compliance with the provisions of the Companies Act 1995, Communications Act 2015 and Public Enterprises Act 2002 as amended.
- To ensure that TCL operations are managed in accordance with the objectives contained in the articles of association and the provisions of the Companies Act and Public Enterprises Act and the Company’s Share Holders Agreement.
- To arrange with and to call and hold meetings of the Board and Sub-Committees and to prepare a correct record of proceedings.
- To attend the Board of Directors’ meetings in order to ensure that the legal requirements are fulfilled, and provide such information as are necessary.
- To engage legal advisors and defend the rights of the company in Courts of Law.
2. Legal obligations of secretary:
- Filling of various documents/returns as required under the provisions of the Companies ACT 1995 and Public Enterprises Act 2002 as amended.
- Proper maintenance of books and registers of the company as required under the provisions of the above acts.
- To record the minutes of the proceedings of the meetings of the directors.
- To implement the policies formulated by the directors.
- To deal with all correspondences between the company and the shareholders.
- To issue notice and agenda of the general meetings to the shareholders and keep record of proceedings.
Key responsibilities in relation to project management for the domestic cable and future restoration cable (Projects) include but are not limited to:
The CEO is expected to take a leading role and represent TCL in all dealings related to the Projects including but not limited to;
- To coordinate the work of Technical Implementation Advisor (TIA) in reviewing the design of the system and ensure that the TIA recommendations are implemented.
- To attend all Contract Coordination Meetings with TIA and Alcatel Submarine Networks.
- To coordinate and to ensure that the requirements of World Bank and ADB are met.
- To attend Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) with the TIA if required.
- To assist the TIA in reviewing the results of FAT, make recommendations and sign off FAT on behalf of TCL.
- To propose and/or review Change Orders and obtain, if required, the necessary approvals from the World Bank and ADB.
- To advise and/or manage the commercial aspect of the Change Orders in respect of the Projects.
- To provide oversight for shore-end installation of the cable.
- To attend and coordinate testing and commissioning of the system.
- To attend and coordinate the Acceptance Tests of the system with TIA.
- Leadership qualities and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Wide knowledge and experience in areas of management, finance, commercial, engineering, submarine fibre optic cable system and IT services.
- Project Management skills and business knowledge.
- Commercial awareness and strong negotiation skills.
- Familiarity with the concept and matters related to submarine fibre optic cable and communication companies.
- A degree from a recognised University in a relevant Technology, Science or IT Management, Business Administration or related discipline.
- Professional certificates and/or membership of a professional qualification body or institute and/or advanced University degree would be desirable.
- At least 10 years relevant working experience in a Senior Management level in the Telecommunications industry, Submarine cable Company or ICT Company.
- Strong background and work experience in telecommunications and Finance.
The Tonga Cable Limited offers an excellent remuneration and career opportunities.
Salary will be between T$50,400 and T$75,600 plus T$14,000 for responsibilities of Company Secretary, plus Superannuation, Vehicle, Housing Allowance and more.
Applications along with detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of testimonials must be sent to the address given below at the latest by 3:00PM on Thursday 25th July 2017.
TCL Board of Directors,
TCL Building, Sopu
P.O Box 33,
KINGDOM OF TONGA