GOVERNMENT OF TONGA
Ministry of Infrastructure
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL)
Aviation Technical Writer
Project: Tonga Climate Resilient Transport Project (TCRTP)
Grant No.: D389-TO
Assignment Title: Aviation Technical Writer
Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan): MOI-INDV-15
The Government of Tonga has secured financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Tonga Climate Resilient Transport Project (TCRTP). The Project development objective is to “improve the resilience of the transport sector in the Recipient’s territory, and in the event of an Eligible Crisis or Emergency, to provide immediate response in such Eligible Crisis or Emergency”.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include the revision and amendments of current aviation security documents. This includes civil aviation legislations, regulations, manuals, national policies, Civil Aviation Division (CAD) policies, stand operating procedures (SOPs), and relevant aviation security documents. It is anticipated that the consultant will commence as soon as possible for a total of 122 working across 12 months. This role is intended for Tongan Nationals.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be obtained at the address given below.
The Ministry of Infrastructure now invites eligible consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Service. Interested Consultants should provide the following information:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- An updated (CV) demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
- A list of 3 referees with contact details.
The selection criteria are:
- Diploma in Quality Auditing
- At least 10 years’ experience in the aviation sector in Tonga
- Familiar with quality management system, audit findings and corrective action plan development
- In-depth knowledge of the aviation regulations and guidelines set forth by ICAO and other Pacific region aviation regulatory authorities.
- At least 5 years’ experience, in developing, reviewing, amending and/or recommending amendments on aviation or aviation related technical files.
- Extensive experience in developing policies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Desirable to have recent experience with the Tonga airport operations and good knowledge of the local aviation security operations in Tonga.
- Willing to contribute to the capacity building of the staff on Security Regulatory functions through mentorship and training.
- Experience of working in donor-funded projects.
Candidates are responsible for ensuring their eligibility for the position.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” dated: July 2016 revised November 2017 and August 2018 (“Procurement Regulations”) setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest.
A firm is eligible to nominate an individual – however, note that only the experience and qualifications of the nominated individual shall be used in the selection process, and that (their) corporate experience shall not be taken into account. The firm, if proposing an individual must specify whether the contract would be signed with the firm or the proposed individual.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Selection of Individual Consultants (INDV) method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written forms to the address below (in person, or by mail or by e-mail) by no later than 27th September 2023 at 4:30pm Tongan time. Your submission should be clearly marked “Expression of Interest for – Aviation Technical Writer. Contract Reference MOI-INDV-15”
Attention: Mr. Sila Va’Enuku,
Email: procurement [at] tcrtp [dot] to
Address: Ministry of Infrastructure,
Alaivahamama’o Bypass Road, Fanga ‘o Pilolevu