GOVERNMENT OF TONGA
Ministry of Infrastructure
Specific Procurement Notice
Request for Bids Small Works
(One-Envelope Bidding Process)
|Country:||Kingdom of Tonga|
|Name of Project:||Tonga Climate Resilient Transport Project I and II|
|Contract Title:||Rehabilitation and Upgrading of Priority Roads in Tongatapu, Lot 1 T1 - Taufa'ahau Road (Hoi-Kolonga Road 6.3km), and Lot 2 T5 - Loto Road (Makapaeo - Matahau Road 3.6km)|
|Grant No.:||Lot 1: D911-TO and Lot: 2 D389-TO|
|RFB Reference No.:||MOI-WK-3-TR-C3|
1. The Government of Tonga has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Tonga Climate Resilient Transport Project I and II, and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contracts for Rehabilitation and Upgrading of priority roads in Tongatapu, Lot 1 T1 Taufa’ahau Road to be funded from TCRTP II, and Lot 2 T5 Loto Road to be funded from TCRTP I. The two bidding processes for both TCRTP I and II are the same.
2. The Ministry of Infrastructure now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for rehabilitation and upgrading of priority roads in Tongatapu, Lot 1 Taufa’ahau Road T1 (Hoi-Kolonga 6.3km) and Lot 2 Loto Road T5 (Makapaeo-Matahau 3.6km) over a period of 15 months. Rehabilitation works include minor re-alignment, pavement rehabilitation with chip seal surfacing, drainage works and incidental works including sidewalks, signing and pavement markings.
3. Bidding will be conducted through national competitive procurement using a Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” dated July 2016, revised November 2017, and August 2018 (“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all Bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
4. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from Ministry of Infrastructure, Mr. Sila Va’Enuku , Procurement Officer, Tonga Climate Resilient Transport Project, email procurement [at] tcrtp [dot] to and inspect the bidding document during office hours: 8:30 AM to 16:30 PM at the address given below.
5. The bidding document in English may be purchased by interested eligible Bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of $200 TOP. The method of payment will be electronic transfer The document will also be made available for download free of charge. Bidders to bring a flash stick for download at address below.
6. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 02:00pm, 18th April 2023 Electronic Bidding will not be permitted. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below.
7. All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid-Securing Declaration.
8. Attention is drawn to the Procurement Regulations requiring the Borrower to disclose information on the successful bidder’s beneficial ownership, as part of the Contract Award Notice, using the Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Form as included in the bidding document.
9. The address referred to above is:
Mr. Sila Va'enuku
Tonga Climate Resilient Transport Project
Ministry of Infrastructure
Bypass Road Fanga 'o Pilolevu, Nuku'alofa, Tonga
Email: procurement [at] tcrtp [dot] to