Tonga Red Cross Society
• Deputy Secretary General
Tonga Red Cross Society has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and passionate individual to join the leadership team as the Deputy Secretary General. Reporting to the Secretary General, the Deputy Secretary General is responsible for supporting the successful leadership and management of the Tonga Red Cross Society according to the strategic direction set by the National Board of the Society and effective management of human resources functions.
The Deputy Secretary General will assist in developing the society’s annual operational plan in accordance with the strategic plan for board approval, including the budget requirements and delivery of results against the plan. Ensure the Society is well prepared to respond to disasters and manage any international assistance after disasters. Explore opportunities to enhance the society’s humanitarian impact for communities across Tonga and foster a high-performance work culture that promotes ethical practices and encourages individual integrity, accountability and social responsibility. Identify funding sources, partnerships and develop fundraising plans in line with the strategic goals of the Society.
As the human resources focal point, provide customer focused, pragmatic and timely HR advice, support and consultancy services to managers and employees, in line with the organisational policies and procedures. Provide support in recruitment and selection, learning and development, administration, performance management, remuneration, risk management, health & wellbeing, safety and HR reporting.
This role is ideal for you if you meet below requirements:
- Degree or relevant tertiary qualification in Social Sciences and/or Management or relevant discipline.
- In – depth knowledge of programme management and design.
- Demonstrated understanding of gender and diversity in programming.
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in program or projects management.
- Demonstrated coordination experience.
- Apply in writing with your CV and letter of application explaining your motivation, passion and experience on how you meet the requirements of this role to sg [at] tongaredcross [dot] to
Applications close on 17 March 2023.
...Red Cross is an Equal Employment Opportunity Provider...