GOVERNMENT OF TONGA
Request for Bids (RFB)
(One-Envelope Bidding Process)
|Employer:||Ministry of Infrastructure|
|Name of Project:||Tonga Climate Resilient Transport Project (TCRTP)|
|Contract Title:||Ports Works on Futu Port, Niuafo’ou|
|Issued on:||01 March 2023|
1. The Government of Tonga has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Tonga Climate Resilient Transport Project (TCRTP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under contract for Safety Improvement Works in Niuafo’ou Futu Port.
2. The Ministry of Infrastructure (MOI) now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for the works for Futu Port consist of: (a) Repair of existing jetty and removal of impropriate material; (b) Constructing a new causeway linking the jetty to dry land; (c) Protecting the shoreline (d) Repairing a bollard; (e) Installing two new ladders on the side of the wharf; and (f) Construction of forklift operation area. The delivery/construction period is 150 calendar days after Start Date.
3. Bidding will be conducted through National Competitive Bidding using Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers- Procurement in Investment Projects Financing” July 2016 and Revised November 2017 and August 2018 (“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all eligible Bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
4. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from MOI, Sila Va‘Enuku by email procurement [at] tcrtp [dot] to and inspect the Bidding document during office hours 9:00am to 4:00pm at the address given below.
5. The Bidding document in English and electronic format can be viewed and picked up free of charge by interested eligible Bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below.
6. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 02:00pm Tongan Time, Wednesday 05th April 2023. Electronic Bidding will not be permitted. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who choose to attend at the address below immediately after the deadline of submission.
7. The address referred to above is:
Employer’s Address for Obtaining of Bid Documents and Bid Submission
Tonga Climate Resilient Transport Project
Email: procurement [at] tcrtp [dot] to
Address: Ministry of Infrastructure, Bypass Road, Fanga ‘o Pilolevu, Nuku’alofa, Tonga.
8. A pre-bid meeting will be held at MOI Conference Room on Thursday 16th March 2023 at 10.00am.
Chief Executive Officer
Ministry of Infrastructure