Project Logistician – Tonga Renewable Energy Project
Infratec-NETcon JV have been contracted to construct renewable energy projects on seven islands in the Kingdom of Tonga: Vava’u, ‘Eua, ‘O’ua, Tungua, Kotu, Mo’unga’one and Niuafo’ou and are seeking expressions of interest for the role of project logistician.
This is a role based in Tongatapu to assist with project implementation activities including logistics, liaison with government departments and local suppliers and co-ordination of personnel movements. The role may require travel to Vava’u, ‘Eua and other sites from time to time.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Co-ordination of international freight clearance through local agents
- Inspection of received materials and freight
- Co-ordination of material storage in Tongatapu
- Co-ordination of material dispatch from Tongatapu to project sites
- Establishing excellent working relationships with shipping, freight forwarding and local transportation organisations.
- Liaising with Site Managers, suppliers, relevant government departments
- Commencement of this role and the duration of is dependent on the project schedule which is subject to COVID-19.
- This will be a contract position with a duration of approximately 12 months from commencement in approximately June 2021.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English and Tongan
- Good understanding of international and inter island shipping
- Relationship management
Additional Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of electrical and/or civil trades
- Prior experience of working on complex projects
- IT literacy with email, excel and word
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please send a CV and cover letter to tonga [at] infratec [dot] co [dot] nz by 14 May 2021.