Call for Interest - Consultant Roster
for Agricultural Experts
|Deadline for Applications:||Rolling acceptance and review of applications until 30 April 2021|
|Duration of Assignment:||3 to 6 weeks|
The International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) is an in ternational financial institution and a specialized United Nations agency dedicated to eradicating rural poverty and hunger. IFAD finances programmes and projects that increase agricultural productivity and raise rural incomes, and actively advocates for policies that contribute to rural transformation. This call for interest is open to nationals or residents of the above-listed countries. Consultants will be working in their country of residence.
Assignments are projected to have 3 to 6 weeks durations along the year.
Key results expected / Major functional activities
The consultant may at times be called upon to perform implementation support activities including capacity building and follow-up of specific tasks.
Minimum recruitment qualifications Education
- Advanced university degree from an accredited institution in in the field of specialization, e.g. Agriculture, Rural Development, Natural Resource Management, Environment, etc.
- At least 8 years progressively responsible experience in and demonstrated understanding of, development initiatives in the field of specialization.
- Experience in more than one country is desirable.
- Experience in international policy frameworks related to global environment, natural resource management and rural development is an asset.
- Specific experience in one or more of the following:
- promotion of good agricultural practices,
- developing innovations and extension approaches on sustainable agriculture, agro-ecology, or climate smart agriculture;
- using innovative extension modalities (such as ICT4D innovations, pluralistic service provision, farmer- based extension and public private partnerships);
- promoting sustainable agricultural through innovative landscape interventions (watershed, landscape) or market interventions (standards, ecosystem services etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Rostered consultants may be contacted for specific missions throughout the year. Remuneration will be commensurate with candidate’s qualifications, experience and skills as well as the nature of the assignment in terms of its responsibilities and complexities; and the degree of specialization required.
More detailed information about this vacancy is available on this link: https://bit.ly/349IFAD.
IFAD website: https://www.ifad.org/en/
Careers / Current opportunities / Professional temporary / Asia and the Pacific Division