GOVERNMENT OF TONGA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
Request for Expressions of Interest
Selection of Individual Consultant - Financial Management Specialist for the Central Services Unit
|Project Name:||Skills and Employment for Tongans (SET Project)|
|Grant No.:||IDA V196-TO|
|Assignment Title:||Financial Management Specialist for the Central Services Unit|
The Kingdom of Tonga has received financing from the World Bank to implement the Skills and Employment for Tongans (SET) Project and to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services for the recruitment of the Financial Management Specialist.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include: proactively work with all relevant Implementing Agencies (IAs), to support them to meet their responsibility to maintain acceptable financial management arrangements that comply with the Financing Agreement of the projects, and hence contribute to achieving the Project Development Objectives. The FMS is also required to develop and implement programs to build the capacity of project accountants, and to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of FM performance across the portfolio. The FMS is required to ensure that the CSU maintains acceptable FM arrangements to conduct its operations in accordance with the relevant Financing Agreement under Component 4.1 of SET Project (P161541).
It is anticipated that the consultant will commence in August 2020 on a full-time basis for a period of 2 years that may be extended based on need and satisfactory performance. The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be downloaded from this link below:
The Ministry of Finance (MOF) as the implementing agency now invites eligible Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services (attach updated curriculum vitae (CV) with description of experience in similar assignments, similar conditions, list of 3 referees with contact details. etc.).
The criteria for selecting the Consultant are:
- Masters Accounting degree and membership of a professional accounting body
- At least 10 years’ broad experiences in accounting including evidence of similar hands on work
- Previous experience in designing and documenting new Financial Management systems and procedures, including commercial off-the-shelf accounting packages and Government financial management information systems
- Demonstrated experience and capacity building or training in a similar environment
- Fluency in English and demonstrated ability to be able to write succinct reports which clearly articulate issues identify.
- Previous experience in Donor Funded Projects is an advantage
- Previous experience and developing countries and similar assignment, particularly working in Tonga, demonstrated ability to work well with persons at all levels of government
- A knowledge of the relevant Tonga Legislation would be an advantage.
The attention of interested Individual Consultants is drawn to paragraph 3.14, 3.16 and 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers dated July 2016, revised November 2017 and August 2018 (“the Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
The Consultant will be selected in accordance with Paragraph 7.36 to 7.37 of the Procurement Regulations through the Selection of Individual Consultants method as described in the following link: http://pubdocs.worldbank.org/en/178331533065871195/Procurement-Regulations.pdf.
The remuneration for the selected individual consultant will be based on the national salary scale for staff working with Donor Funded Projects in Tonga.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 8:30am to 4:30pm.
Expressions of interest (EOIs) must be delivered in a written form to the address below in person, or mail or e-mail by 14 July 2020 at 4:30pm Tongan Time and should be clearly marked “Expression of Interest for Consulting Services for the CSU Financial Management Specialist Contract No. TO-MFNP-155017-CS-INDV”.
Attention: Chief Executive Officer
Mrs Balwyn Fa’otusia
Chief Executive Officer, Ministry of Finance
E-mail: bfaotusia [at] finance [dot] gov [dot] to and copy to ebaker [at] finance [dot] gov [dot] to and nplesikoti [at] finance [dot] gov [dot] to