Ministry of Lands & Natural Resources
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Consultants to conduct work in preparation for construction of a new building for the Ministry of Lands & Natural Resources.
Assignment Title: Consultants Services – Design, Documentation and Project Management
Reference No. MLNR _ 18/19
The Contracting Entity acting on behalf of the Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources has received funding from the Government, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for the following consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include:
1. Phase One: Design & Documentation
- Design and Provide Architectural/Structural Drawings for the construction of a new building and facilities. The consultant will prepare a Scope of Works that includes site preparation and construction of the new building and facilities.
- The consultant will prepare a cost estimate for the works project (Phase Three).
- The consultant will obtain all permits and permission for building works.
- The consultant will be available to assist in site visits and pre-bid meeting with bidders.
2. Phase Two: Project Management to manage all reporting and contract administration requirements.
- Contract Management – the Consultant will manage Contract requirements on behalf of the client. The consultant will process progress payments and all correspondence in relation to the contract.
- Reporting – the consultant will provide monthly progress reports for the life of the project including a certificate of completion.
- Site Supervision – The consultant will provide a full time Project Superintendent for the project until a Certificate of Completion is signed.
The Contracting Entity now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required minimum qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The short-listing criteria are:
- The consultant’s relevant experience for the assignment including similar services in at least three major commercial and/or government buildings or facilities within the last 10 years.
- The quality of the methodology proposed including two references validating the methodology.
- The qualifications and experience of the key staff proposed including relevant university qualifications and professional registration or accreditation with over 10 years of experience in providing the Services.
- Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection Method set out in the Public Procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 8:30am - 4:30pm.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by 27th March 2020.
Central Procurement Unit of the Ministry of Finance
Saint George Government Building, Ground floor
Attn: Mr. Lafaele ‘Ulupano