The Ministry of Meteorology, Energy, Information, Disaster Management, Environment, Climate Change and Communications (MEIDECC)
Request for Bids
Construction of Emergency Operation Centres (EOC) in Outer Islands, Lot 1: Vava’u and Lot 2: Ha’apai
Name of Project: Pacific Resilience Project (PREP)
Contract Title: CONSTRUCTION OF EMERGENCY OPERATION CENTRES (EOC) IN OUTER ISLANDS, Lot 1: VAVA’U and Lot 2: HA’APAI
Grant No.: GEF/SCCF GRANT NUMBER TF0A0900/ GFDRR GRANT NUMBER TF0A1232
RFB Reference No.: PREPTONGA/WORKS 02
Issued on: 9th September 2019
- The Government of Tonga has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Pacific Resilience Program (PREP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for CONSTRUCTION OF EMERGENCY OPERATION CENTRES IN OUTER ISLANDS, Lot 1: VAVA’U and Lot 2: HA’APAI.
- The Ministry of Meteorology, Energy, Information, Disaster Management, Environment, Climate Change and Communications (MEIDECC) now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for;
- a) Lot 1: Construction of Emergency Operating Center in Vava’u consisting of a two storey building, reinforce concrete construction with all associated works. The delivery/construction period is 7 months.
- b) Lot 2: Construction of Emergency Operating Center in Ha’apai consist of a single building and all associated works. The delivery/construction period is 6 months.
- Bidders are allowed to bid for one or both lots but Bidders can only win one lot.
- Bidding will be conducted through National Competitive Bidding using Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers – Procurement in Investment Projects Financing” July 2016, revised in November 2017 and August 2018 (“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all Bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
- Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from Lilika Fifita by email: preptonga [at] gmail [dot] com. Project Management Unit, Pacific Resilience Project (PREP, MEIDECC), Telephone (676) 23-160 and inspect the bidding document during office hours 9:00 am – 4:00pm at the address given below.
- The bidding document in English and electronic format can be viewed and picked up free of charge by interested eligible Bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below.
- The Bidding documents shall consist of the following;
- a. World Bank – Request for Bids
- b. Volume I: Schedule Of Activities
- c. Volume II: Specifications
- d. Volume III: Drawings
- e. Volume IV: Environmental Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) and Environmental and Social Management Plan (ESMP) for Vava’u and Ha’apai.
- Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 3:00pm, Tuesday 8th October 2019. Electronic Bidding will not be permitted. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below on Tuesday, 8th October 2019.
- All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid-Securing Declaration as indicated in Section 2 of the Bid Data Sheet and in the format provided in Section 4 Form 2B.
- The addresses referred to above are:
Attention: Paula Ma’u
The Chief Executive Officer
Ministry of Meteorology, Energy, Information, Disaster Management,
Environment, Climate Change and Communications (MEIDECC)
1st Floor OG Sanft Building
Tel: (676) 23-160 or 28-170
E-mail: paulm [at] mic [dot] gov [dot] to
- A pre-bid meeting will be held at PMU Conference Room on 24th September 2019 at 10:00 am.