TONGA MARITIME POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE & TRAINING
Instructor - Catering
Job title: Instructor – Catering
Tonga Maritime Polytechnic Institute and Training is changing, and we are seeking an experienced Catering Instructor, to join our team in a senior role. You will be responsible for the delivery of Catering and Hospitality Training Programs at TMPI and ensuring those programs meet the standards required by the Tongan National Qualifications & Accreditation Board (TNQAB), Marine and Ports Division (MPD), and the STCW Convention and Code as amended and satisfy the needs of the shipping industry and those being trained. You will also assist with the day to day activities of the Catering section of TMPI, help in monitoring student progress and welfare and maintain systems for student guidance and support as well as helping to coordinate & implement catering and kitchen maintenance at TMPI.
Qualifications and other attributes for the job:
- An appropriate qualification as a Catering Officer or an equivalent Tourism and Hospitality qualification.
- A Certificate III in Competency based training & assessment, or the ability to acquire such qualification.
- Minimum 7 years work experience in the catering industry, of which at least 5 years should be at a management level.
- A record of accomplishment and direction in an operational role.
- The ability to exercise independent judgement within the powers of the position.
- Experience of working in a performance based system and an understanding of the core values within such a system.
- Working knowledge of current maritime education & training techniques.
A job description will be available from our main office at Fokololo ó e Hau, Bay ó Manumataongo, or email: mafi2you [at] yahoo [dot] com [dot] au
Please submit your application together with your CV, and copies of certified transcripts, certificates and references by 4.00pm Tuesday, 17th September 2019. Please address your application to:
Tonga Maritime Polytechnic Institute & Training
Bay ó Manumataongo,
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.