2 Assistant Accountants
ELECTRICITY COMMISSION invites applicants to apply to the following positions by 29th March 2019:
- Assistant Accountants
- Technical Officer
TWO (2) ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANTS
- review, inspect, test and assess software and hardware systems for its failure;
- check all accounting and clients' databases are updated and functioning properly;
- study, assess, budgets, balance sheets and other related financial statements and records;
- review and recommend changes in internal audit controls;
- execute audit assistant functions to check the accuracy of accounting systems and procedures;
- verify and inspect accounts receivable and payable ledgers and general ledger for its accuracy;
- reconcile bank deposits and payments;
- check and verify accounting books and records are in conformity with commission’s practices and corporate policies;
- ensure compliance of regulatory guidelines and generally accepted auditing standards;
- knowledge of REVIEW the following : annual insurance, quarterly statistics, periodic distributed generation, quarterly energy projects, annual audit, fuel tariff, non-fuel adjustments, annual CAPEX regulatory; audit, renewable energy, regulatory asset value, fuel efficiency and fuel hedging.
Qualification : Diploma in Accounting OR higher qualification from recognised tertiary institution
- excellent command of software programs for email, word processing, spread sheets, databases, projects and graphics presentations is highly desirable;
- must also have a demonstrated ability to exercise his/her responsibilities, plan and execute work assignments independently;
- be a skilled communicator in Tongan and English; be able to work under pressure and produce high-quality results quickly.
- do electrical inspections of all electrical jobs submitted by the Electrical Contractors;
- review all electrical permit application especially the electrical map, load, protection device, general arrangement of electrical installation circuits and wiring sizing according to the specification;
- process and calculate the permit fee before issuing the work permit;
- prepare a written report for all accidental and electrical hazards that caused a problem to a premises and human;
- ensure inspection report is completed and accurate, and maintain in a manner to facilitate efficient retrieval;
- knowledge of safety regulation and familiar with AS/NZS 3000/2007 wiring rules;
- executes the specific inspections on installation activities on site;
- advise and provide necessary safety issue to publics;
- write up a defected reports and recommendations for improvement;
- perform other duties as assigned by head of department.
Requirement (minimum): must be a Registered Electrician from a recognised Technical Institute, or Holder of a current Licensed Electrical Contractor in the Kingdom of Tonga; Minimum of 5 years working experience; valid driving license.
All applications must be received no later than Friday 5:00pm, 29th March, 2019. Only applications that meet the minimum requirements will be further assessed and shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
All interested applicants are required to submit their application(s) with the following relevant supporting documents (CV, certified transcripts and certificates, clean police record and at least 2 referee) to be addressed to the:-
Tonga Electricity Commission
P. O. Box 23
Kingdom of Tonga
For those who may prefer sending their applications online – please address application to the above address and email to:
feletiola [at] gmail [dot] com
cc : m [dot] folau [at] electricitycommission [dot] to or call 23.632 for more information