South Pacific Business Development, Tonga
Finance & Administration Manager (FAM)
Position Vacant: Finance & Administration Manager (FAM)
Function: Oversee Finance and Administration Division
Location: Nuku’alofa, Tonga
SPBD Tonga is part of a network of microfinance institutions working in Tonga, Fiji, Samoa, and Solomon Islands. We are dedicated to eradicating poverty by empowering women in poor rural villages with the opportunity to start, grow and maintain sustainable, income-generating micro-enterprises, build assets, as well as finance home improvements and childhood education. SPBD provides clients with a range of training, financial services and ongoing motivation so that they can climb permanently out of poverty.
We are looking for a motivated person with a professional attitude and skills to work with our team of committed staff members as a Finance & Administration Manager (FAM).
The FAM will report to the General Manager and will be responsible for general control of Finance and Administration departments and other duties including:
- Process & Controls – Ensure efficient working and proper control of financial management and administrative functions.
- Staff Management & Development – Actively build staff capacity and provide ongoing motivation.
- Reporting – Timely and accurate preparation of all internal and external reports.
- Financial Statements & Audit – Timely and accurate preparation of periodic financial statements and management of the external audit process.
- Business & Financial Analysis – Review business data, conduct relevant financial analysis, provide advice/ recommendations to GM/President
- Business & Financial Planning – Conduct financial planning and budgeting activities.
- MIS – Efficiently manage key Management Information Systems.
- Personal Attributes – Demonstrate positive attitude, leadership, initiative, perseverance and seek out professional development.
This is a full time position; working hours are 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
Successful applicants must have:
- A Bachelor in Accounting or in a related field with a minimum of 3 years experience.
- Leadership – ability to lead; team oriented
- knowledge of accounting Management Information Systems
- strong communication and interpersonal skills
- strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- coaching and mentoring skills
Salary based on Qualification and Experience of successful candidate.
If you believe you have the right skills and attributes for this position and you are interested in joining our organisation to make a difference to the clients we serve, please send your CV and covering letter to:
Email: fine [at] spbdtonga [dot] com or
Hand delivery: SPBD Microfinance, Lords Mobile, Taufa’ahau Road, Fanga
Applications close on Friday 22 March 2019.