Vacancies are currently open for individuals to join Tonga Police as either a Recruit or Cadet Officer.
Applications are therefore invited from enthusiastic young men and women with an interest in serving and working with the community to make the Kingdom a safer place.
A career with Tonga Police offers an interesting and wide range of opportunities including community policing, crime prevention, road safety, investigations, prosecutions, intelligence, forensics, search and rescue, tactical response training plus many more.
The Tonga Police College is also a Registered Provider of Recognised Training, and successful police graduates will get a Diploma in General Policing after 6 months of inservice training and 18 months of work place attachments.
To be considered for either position you should have:
- Completed 7th Form Certificate;
- A high level of honesty and integrity, trustworthiness and professional work ethic;
- Ability to communicate effectively with excellent customer service and interpersonal skills;
- Strong attention to detail with good observation skills;
- Self-motivation with the ability to work under pressure;
- A fast learner and willingness to work hard to achieve results;
- Fluency in both English and Tongan;
- A good level of physical fitness; and
- Preferably hold a driver’s licence.
Applicants should also have at least a bachelor degree from a recognised university in the fields of Law, Policing, Social Sciences, Psychology or Information Communication and Technology (ICT).
Recruit salaries are within Band “R” ($7,560 – $11,340) and Cadet Officers within Band “L” ($19,490 – $29,230). There is also the possibility to earn additional allowances and overtime depending on role, shift pattern and promotion opportunities.
Application forms are available from all police stations in the Kingdom.
All applications must be addressed to: Acting Director of Training, Tonga Police College, Longolongo marked “Recruit Wing 46 Application”.
Applications close at 4:30pm on Friday 22nd February, 2019.
For further information please contact the Tonga Police Training College on 21027 or visit us at the Tonga Police Headquarters compound in Longolongo.