Peace Corps Tonga
Peace Corps Tonga is seeking applications for the position of Administrative Assistant (AA). The AA will report to the Financial Manager and secondarily to the Country Director. The Admin Assistant is responsible for assisting with accounting and administrative functions and overall support for the Peace Corps mission in Tonga. Duties include, but are not limited to, entering obligations, cashier disbursements, non-cashier liquidations and adjustments and handling vendor accounts, Volunteer allowances, reviewing post budget, assisting with procurement and receiving, and banking issues. The AA also serves as back-up Financial Assistant and back-up General Service Manager.
- Minimum of two years of similar experience
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent combination of training and experience in Business Administration, Finance, or related field
- Fluency in formal Tongan language and English, both written and spoken
- Computer literate with word processing and spreadsheet experience
- Ability to meet deadlines, meticulous work habits and great attention to detail
- A history of sound judgement and highest level of integrity and honesty required
- Teamwork and leadership skills but can work well independently
- Ability to drive and holding a current driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Background working with expatriates, especially Americans
- Knowledgeable about the Peace Corps Program in Tonga
Salary dependent on qualifications, but range starts at TOP 16,022 per year.
Candidates interested in the position should submit:
- a resume;
- a list of three work references with current contact information; and
- a cover letter that describes how the candidate meets the required qualifications, via:
Mail: DMO, U.S. Peace Corps/Tonga, PO Box 147, Nuku’alofa, TONGA
Email: R [at] to [dot] peacecorps [dot] gov In person: Peace Corps/Tonga Office, Hala Tupoulahi, Fasi-moe-Afi, Nuku’alofa
Visit the Peace Corps/Tonga web site for more information: tonga.peacecorps.gov.
The full Statement of Work can be obtained from the Peace Corps Office in Fasi.
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factor.
Applications must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, October 9, 2018. This position will stay open until it is filled by a qualified applicant.