NATIONAL RESERVE BANK OF TONGA
• NRBT BUILDING PROPERTY MANAGEMENT SERVICES WITH DESIGN AND ESTIMATION
The National Reserve Bank of Tonga is seeking a qualified and experienced engineering and architecture firm with project experience to provide comprehensive building property management services, including design and estimation, for the NRBT Building and designated properties. The objective is to support NRBT management to ensure efficient management and maintenance of its property while optimizing its functionality, and value.
Scope of works
1. Property Assessment and Planning:
- In liaison with the NRBT Property Chief Manager, conduct a thorough assessment of the property's current condition, identifying maintenance needs, repairs, and potential enhancements.
- Develop a strategic property management plan outlining short-term and long-term goals for maintenance, design improvements, and upgrades.
- Propose a cost-effective approach to optimize the property's functionality and visual appeal.
2. Design and Estimation:
- Collaborate with architects and designers to conceptualize and create design proposals for property enhancements, including aesthetic upgrades and functional improvements.
- Provide detailed design plans, layouts, and visual representations for proposed changes.
- Prepare accurate cost estimates for design modifications, repairs, renovations, and improvements.
3. Maintenance and Repairs:
- Regularly inspect the property to identify maintenance requirements and ensure compliance with safety and quality standards.
- Develop a maintenance schedule and execute timely repairs to prevent deterioration and minimize long-term costs.
- Coordinate with contractors and vendors to carry out maintenance tasks, repairs, and improvements as per the approved plan.
4. Budget Management:
- Develop and manage a comprehensive budget that covers design, estimation, maintenance, repairs, and upgrades.
- Provide regular financial reports detailing expenditures, cost projections, and variances.
5. Compliance and Regulations:
- Ensure that all property modifications, repairs, and enhancements adhere to Tonga building codes and where required by tenants and agreed to by NRBT other codes, regulations, and permits.
6. Communication and Reporting:
- Maintain clear and open communication with the Governor through the Chief Manager for Property NRBT regarding project progress, design proposals, estimates, and any deviations from the original plan.
- Provide periodic reports detailing project status, completed tasks, and upcoming activities.
Desired Qualifications and Requirements:
- A proven track record in property management, design, and estimation, with at least 5 years’ relevant experience in similar projects.
- Access to a team of qualified architects, designers, and property management experts.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects on time and within budget.
- Strong knowledge of local building codes, regulations, and permits.
- Financial stability and capacity to manage and report on budgets.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with clients.
Interested firms are invited to submit a comprehensive proposal detailing their approach to the project, team qualifications, relevant experience, design concepts, and estimated costs.
The proposal should be submitted no later than 4 pm, Friday, 24 November 2023 and addressed to:
National Reserve Bank of Tonga
Private Bag No, 25 Post Office
Evaluation and Selection:
Proposals will be evaluated based on the firm's experience, qualifications, approach, and alignment with NRBT Property objectives. Shortlisted firms may be invited for an interview or presentation to further discuss their proposals.
NRBT reserves the right to accept or reject any proposal and may negotiate terms with the selected firm. For inquiries or clarifications, please contact Mr. Tevita Kolokihakaufisi at telephone 24057 or t [dot] kolokihakaufisi [at] reservebank [dot] to.