• Office Manager
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Corporate Services Officer: Administrating corporate services (finance including for projects and programmes, procurement, estates, human resources, IT) for the UK High Commission (100%).
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
Ensuring that the UK High Commission is well-run. Its corporate management is in line with best practice guidance set in London as well as compliant with local legal requirements. Provide administrative support for projects work. Reporting to the Deputy High Commissioner (DHC), identifying areas for improvement, preparing and implementing change.
- Ensure overall delivery of corporate services, building close partnerships with global processing centres and service hubs in the UK and Manila.
- Deliver a high standard of service to all customers and stakeholders.
- Participate in local and regional projects to streamline and improve corporate services delivery.
- Compile and complete Corporate Services reporting and returns.
- Monitor equipment and supplies usage, including fuel, office stationery and IT, ensuring inventories are up to date where applicable and compliance with best practice regulations.
- Work with the DHC to produce the High Commission budget in line with corporate policies.
- Manage finance related reporting and accounting, including projections and online finance systems.
- Ensure invoices are accurate, compliant with local and UK procurement rules and payments are made within our regulatory procedures and on time.
- Oversee accounts to ensure proper financial controls are in place and being followed.
- Coordinate requests for additional budget funds or refund of surplus funds to/from London or the central finance team
- Manage cash and related reporting for the High Commission
- Complete online finance accounting systems on time for all electronic transactions
- Support Project and Programmes Leads with project related budget approvals and monitoring.
- Implement corporate policies and best practices on Procurement, working with the procurement hub in Manila to ensure value for money.
- Identify, manage and maintain external local supplier and vendor contacts, to ensure best value for money is secured though quotes and tenders, for High Commission works.
- Create, maintain and monitor contracts with local suppliers and vendors as necessary, adhering to policy guidelines.
- Support Project and Programmes Leads with project related procurement processes.
- Lead on upkeep of the High Commission, ensuring it is maintained in good condition, liaising with the New Zealand High Commission Corporate Services Team on works as needed.
- Work with the Maintenance Assistant to ensure that the UK High Commissioner and DHC’s Residences are maintained in good condition. Commission and oversee maintenance repairs, ensuring best value for money and that works comply with local and UK rules and regulations.
- Ensure full compliance with corporate procedures on estate management, including local and UK health and safety regulations and policies.
Residence Support (10%)
- Work with the Personal Assistant to High Commissioner to ensure the Official Residence is run to a high standard including;
- Managing the Residence’s official inventories, monitor and summarise events cost, manage official food and beverage stocks, ordering any official equipment or supplies needed.
Information Technology (5%)
- Oversee the delivery of user support services for IT at the mission and Residence.
- Ensure that staff are aware of the correct processes and procedures for the use of IT and equipment.
- Monitor and manage the maintenance and renewal of all IT equipment.
- Coordinate support from regional and UK IT teams to resolve IT faults at the High Commission as they occur.
- Monitor local and FCDO HR practices and procedures to ensure the High Commission is up to date and compliant, advising colleagues on latest administrative HR procedures as needed. A degree of flexibility is needed in this small team, and the above responsibilities and duties may evolve during the course of this employment.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Systems, finance and accounting.
- Experienced in work requiring a high degree of organisational skills.
- Language: English and Tongan
- Level of Language Required: Fluent spoken and written
Candidates may apply through this active link: https://tinyurl.com/266wua3h
Deadline of applications is on 23:55 of 15th September 2023