GOVERNMENT OF TONGA
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Request for Bids
Purchaser: Ministry of Education and Training
Project: Skills and Employment for Tongan Project, Tonga Safer and Resilient Schools Project
Contract title: Supply, Installation, and Configuration of Education Management Information System (EMIS) for the Ministry of Education and Training, Tonga.
Grant No.: IDA-3660-TO, IDA-927-TO
RFB No: TO-MET-255009-GO-RFB
Issued on: 22-July-2022
- The Ministry of Education and Training has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the (a) Skills and Employment for Tongans Project (SET) and (b) Tonga Safer and Resilient Schools Project (TSRSP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Supply, Installation, and Configuration of EMIS for the Ministry of Education and Training-Tonga.
- The Ministry of Education and Training now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for the supply, installation, and configuration of an Education Management Information system for Ministry of Education and Training, that link and integrate different data sources such as teacher effectiveness, school leadership, as well as school resources to track student performance and provide information on school quality and performance. Bidders interested in participating in this tender should be able to demonstrate the following key requirements as specified under Section 3 of the bidding document.
- Have no sanctions or any potential conflict of interests relating to this tender.
- No history of contract non-performance or any form of suspension.
- Sound historical financial performance for the past four (4) years, with access to, or availability of, financial resources.
- Minimum average annual turnover of one (1) million US dollars within the last eight (8) years.
- Experience under information system contracts as prime supplier for at least eight (8) years, with specific experience on at least 2 relevant contracts valued at minimum of USD400,000.
- Bidding will be conducted through international competitive procurement using Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 revised November 2017 and August 2018 Regulations (“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all eligible Bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
- A complete set of bidding documents in English will be made available electronically free of charge upon request to Project Team Leader at teamleader [at] set-tonga [dot] to and cc procurement [at] set-tonga [dot] to.
- Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 11am, 2nd September 2022. Electronic Bidding will be permitted. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below on 11am, 2nd September 2022.
- All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid-Securing Declaration.
- The address referred to above is:
Skills and Employment for Tongan Projects
SET Procurement Officer
Level 2, Molisi Building, Nuku’alofa, Tonga
Tel: +676 6852211
Email: teamleader [at] set-tonga [dot] to and procurement [at] set-tonga [dot] to