REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Green Climate Fund - Strengthening Adaptation Planning in Tonga (GCF- SAPT) - Ministry of Meteorology, Energy, Information, Disaster Management, Environment, Climate Change and Communications
Assignment Title: Communication Specialist
Reference No. MEIDECC05/2021-2022
The Contracting Entity acting on behalf of the Ministry of Meteorology, Energy, Information, Disaster Management, Environment, Climate Change and Communications has received funding from the Government, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for the following consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include, support and assist the Communication and Information Division of the Department of Climate Change in collection and improvement of data management system, strengthening the process, management and disseminate climate change information in 106 working days.
The Contracting Entity now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required minimum qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The short-listing criteria are:
- The minimum qualification is Bachelor of Arts in areas of Communications or related field
- At least 5 years of experience working in the field of Communication with an advantage of any climate change related working experience.
- Fluent in written and oral (English and Tongan)
- Experience with consultations and participatory approaches in a multi-stakeholder situation.
- Familiar with national commitments under the Tonga Climate Change Policy, JNAP 2 and Tonga’s Second Nationally Determine Contribution (NDC2), other policy instruments regional management arrangements like the Framework for Resilient Development (FRDP) in the Pacific and the international framework such as UNFCCC and SDGs.
- Ability to work independently and provide deliverables on schedule.
- Computer literacy and demonstrated knowledge of software packages including Microsoft Suite programmes.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection method set out in the Public Procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours:
Central Procurement Unit of the Ministry of Finance.
St George Government Building Ground floor,
Contact: Meleane Taufaloa
Email: mkofeloa [at] finance [dot] gov [dot] to
From 8.30am to 4.30pm
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by 28th October 2021.