Programme Specialist, NOC, Tonga
Call to Action
- Are you result driven and can you work well in teams?
- Do you have a keen eye for detail and can you ensure high quality and accuracy of work?
- Can you multi-task, prioritize and manage programme outcomes?
If so, this might be the job for you.
How You Can Make a Difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
The Programme Specialist will support the implementation of interventions funded through the Transformative Agenda at the national and sub-national levels and to ensure that the agreed strategic interventions are implemented in the context of the 2030 Agenda, ICPD Programme of Action and UNFPA Strategic Plan at the global level, the UN Pacific Strategy, UNFPA sub-regional programme at the regional level, and the national development agenda of the host country.
Qualification and Experience:
- An Advanced (Master’s) degree in Management, International Development, Sociology, Economics, Demography, International Relations, Public Administration, Public Health, Medicine or other related field is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years professional experience preferably in programme/project management in the public or private sector especially in International Development
- Substantive knowledge and practical experience in population, reproductive and sexual health programming.
- Sound knowledge of the social and cultural realities of the region.
- Familiarity with UN procedures and working methods, particularly with UNFPA’s agenda, policies and procedures, is highly desirable;
Find out more and apply by clicking “Apply Now’’ at https://bit.ly/34rhH33 where full details of the position is available.
CLOSING DATE: Sunday, 27th June 2021