CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST – BUSINESS COACHES
The Tonga Skills Program is funded by the Government of Australia through the Australian Aid Program. It aims to develop new approaches to better link skills development services to economic outcomes for participants within a nationally‐recognized system in support of broader economic growth.
Tonga Skills, in partnership with the Ministry of Education and Training and the Tonga National Qualifications and Accreditation Board, facilitates access to a range of targeted skills training and business development services in line with economic development priorities. A key focus of the Program is ensuring the participation of marginalized groups, including those disadvantaged by gender, geography and disability.
Tonga Skills will soon engage training providers and Business Coaches to deliver skill development support services in priority areas of economic demand and small business growth. The Program is now seeking Expressions of Interest from individuals in priority sectors to be included in its Business Coach database for the delivery of coaching/mentoring to trainees.
Business Coaches are likely to be required in the following priority industry sectors:
- Manufacturing including handicraft production and food processing
- Tourism including accommodation, tour guiding, food and beverage and marine activities
- Fisheries and aquaculture
- Construction including carpentry, electrical, plumbing and automotive
Business Coaches will require the following skills and attributes:
- Experience working in one or more industry sectors in Tonga
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor business development services trainees
- Experience in Business planning and management
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle information in a sensitive manner
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work in rural and remote locations
- High-level problem solving, self-management and time management skills
Interested individuals are invited to submit:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Names of two Referees
- Written response to the selection criteria in the Terms of Reference
Please contact the Tonga Skills office to request a copy of the Terms of Reference.
Email applications are preferred and submissions must be received by 26th May 2017.
Both Tongan nationals and residents with the legal right to work in Tonga are encouraged to apply.
Tel: O: 26924 C: 841-3857
Email: david [dot] kanongataa [at] tongaskills [dot] com
Tonga Skills, PO Box 3479, Nuku’alofa