Invitation for Bids
Supply and Delivery of Material for the Outer Island Renewable Energy Project
Grant no. and Title: G0347/0348/0444/0445/0446-TON Outer Island Renewable Energy Project
Contract no. and Title: G0347/0348/0444/0445/0446-TON OIREP ICB-TPL-Vav-06 (Including Shipping)
- Lot 1: Service Line Materials
- Lot 2: LVABC Conductor
- Lot 3: LVABC Associated Materials
- Lot 4: PPE and Tools
- Lot 5: HV Conductor
- Lot 6: HV Crossarm Assemblies
Deadline for Submission of bids: Wenesday, 12 April 2017 at 2pm (Tonga Time)
The Government of Tonga has received grants from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) co-financed by the European Union and the Government of Australia for the Outer Island Renewable Energy Project. Part of funds will be used for payments under the contract named above. This contract will be jointly financed by the European Union. The eligibility and procedures of ADB will govern the bidding process. The Bid is open to all Bidders without nationality restriction.
International Competitive Bidding will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single Stage: One Envelope Bidding Procedure. Tonga Power Limited (“the Employer”) invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the Supply and Delivery of Material for the Outer Island Renewable Energy Project. The Bidders shall have the option of submitting Bids for one, any combination, or all of the Lots. The Bid for each lot shall be submitted in a separate envelope with its corresponding bid securing declaration. One contract will be awarded individually for each lot. Bidder wishing to offer discounts in case they are awarded more than one contract will be allowed to do so provided that those discounts are included in the Letter of Bid.
The main qualification criteria requires, among others:
- The Bidder must have completed successfully at least one contract as main supplier within the last 3 years (2014-2016), that is the same or higher technical specification as the proposed goods under the corresponding lot. The contracts must not be less than the following amount:
- Lot 1: USD$0.5 million equivalent;
- Lot 2: USD$0.5 million equivalent;
- Lot 3: USD$0.4 million equivalent;
- Lot 4: USD$0.05 million equivalent;
- Lot 5: USD$0.2 million equivalent;
- Lot 6: USD$0.15 million equivalent;
- For complete eligibility and qualification requirements, please refer to the Bidding Document. No bids will be considered from suppliers who have performed unsatisfactorily for Tonga Power Limited on previous supply contracts.
To obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents, bidders should contact:
Mr. Viliami Ongosia or Mr. Simon Wilson,
Tonga Power Limited,
Corner of Taufa’ahau and Mateialona Roads,
Tel: +676 7863226
Email: vongosia [at] tongapower [dot] to or swilson [at] tongapower [dot] to
To apply for a set of the bidding documents in English, eligible bidders should:
- Email the address above requesting the bidding documents for “ICB-TPL-Vav-06”
- The documents shall be emailed to your email address.
- No payment required.
Deliver your hardcopy bid:
- To the above address.
- On or before the deadline: Wednesday 12 April 2017 at 2pm (Tonga Time)
- Together with a Bid Securing Declaration as described in the Bidding Document.
- Bids shall be valid for a period of 90 days from the date of bid opening.
- Late Bids shall be rejected.
Bids will be opened immediately after the closing date and time as specified in the Bid Data Sheet in the presence of the Bidder’s representatives.
The Tonga Power Limited will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by bidders in connection with the preparation or delivery of bids.