Man arrested for assault on Lord Dalgety [1]
Wednesday, March 17, 2021 - 17:55
A 26-year-old man from Veitongo was arrested on March 16 in relation to the assault on Lord Dalgety (76) during an attempted armed robbery at his home in Ha’ateiiho last month.
Police said today the accused has been charged with attempted robbery and bodily harm.
He is remanded in police custody to appear at the Magistrate’s Court later this week.
The assault allegedly occurred around 3:00pm on February 8 during which the complainant was at his home.
The accused allegedly broke in and assaulted the complainant causing minor injuries. Nothing was stolen, said the Police.