Senior Human Resources Officer (Civilian: Senior Admin)
Human Resources · Nuku'alofa, Tongatapu
The purpose of the Human Resources (HR) Unit is to manage and maintain the human resource function of Tonga Police, including recruitment, performance management, leave administration, organization development, employee relations and welfare services.
The primary role of the Senior HR Officer/Supervisor is to assist the HR Manager in developing and implementing policies and procedures required to effectively and efficiently perform these functions.
Technical abilities and attributes required for this position:
- Ability to effectively supervise the HR Unit, providing a clear sense of direction and purpose and maintain and support a strong team culture.
- Ability to assist the HR Manager in developing, implementing and maintaining HR policies and procedures in alignment with Tonga Police strategic objectives and goals.
- Ability to carry out research as necessary in order to provide clear, concise and quality advice to Tonga Police staff, Tonga Police Executive and other Ministries in respect of all human resource functions.
- Highly computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Fluent in both Tongan and English (written and oral).
Must demonstrate all core competencies in the Tonga Police Core Competency Framework up to and including Level 3: INSPECTOR / SENIOR ADMIN.
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant postgraduate qualification (TNQAB Framework Level 8+) with at least 1 year of relevant experience.
- Relevant Degree + 1 year in a similar role or 3 years relevant work experience.
- Relevant Diploma + 3 years in a similar role or 8 years relevant work experience.
- Current Public Service or private sector employee with 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
Salary: Band K ($24,226 - $36,339)
All interested applicants who wish to apply are required to complete and deliver the following to the HR Group before the application closing date, either by:
Email: HR [at] police [dot] gov [dot] to
Hand delivery: Human Resources Group, Tonga Police Headquarters Compound, Longolongo, Nuku’alofa.
- HR2 Application Form
- Cover Letter
- Updated Curriculum Vitae / Resume
Three references must be provided in the application form who will be able to comment on your work performance. One of these must be your current supervisor.
Please email HR [at] police [dot] gov [dot] to for copy of the following documents.
- Job Description
- Tonga Police Core Competencies Framework
- HR2 Application Form
Applications must be received no later than Friday 25 November, 2022.