GOVERNMENT OF TONGA
Invitation for Expressions of Interest
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND TRAINING
PROJECT MANAGEMENT UNIT
CHILD PROTECTION LEAD
The Ministry of Justice (MoJ), supported by Save the Children Australia (SCA), is a recipient of grants from the Australian Non-Government Organisations Cooperation Program (ANCP) to conduct a Child Protection Situation Analysis and carry out policy, systems and services mapping, with the aim of designing a multi-year child protection intervention for the children in Tonga.
The Program Management Unit (PMU) under the Ministry of Education and Training is responsible for the ANCP and is recruiting a Child Protection Project Lead to support the implementation of the projects.
Key Areas of Accountability:
1) Project Management
- Prepare, manage and update the projects’ Implementation Plan and Budget;
- Lead delivery of project activities, with the support of PMU;
- Liaise, coordinate and communicate effectively with project stakeholders to ensure project implementation;
- Work closely with SCA and external technical advisers to ensure high-quality and timely delivery of outputs;
- Ensure the financial and procurement procedures in the Project Implementation Manual are followed;
- Organise and report on project progress to Project Steering Committee and Grant Management Committee meetings;
- Work with the PMU MEAL Coordinator to collect data, update the project database and complete regular reports;
- Draft donor reports as per the donor requirements; and
- Ensure project and donor compliance requirements are met.
2) Child Protection Partnership
- Represent SCA & PMU at National Child Protection Committee;
- Stakeholder mapping and identify strategic partnerships;
- Work closely with all relevant stakeholders to build effective partnerships;
- Maintain clear communication with all the stakeholders;
- Conduct safeguarding training for staff and partners; and
- Represent SCA & PMU in Child Protection cluster during a humanitarian response.
3) Develop Technical Capacity and develop the program
- In depth understanding of the Child Protection Policy;
- Contribute in developing SCA/PMU value proposition in policy implementation;
- Contribute to the capacity development role of the PMU;
- Take part in SCA Child Protection Situation Analysis study;
- Receive SCA Child Protection Training and gain in-depth understanding of common approaches; and
- Contribute to business development for child protection programming.
The essential evaluation criteria are, but not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, law, education or project management;
- At least 3 years of project management / child protection experience;
- Well organised with experience of delivering projects on time;
- Problem solver;
- Proven ability to work effectively with different stakeholders (government, churches, schools, technical advisers);
- Willingness to travel to remote areas;
- Strong skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Excellent written and oral skills in Tongan and English; and
- Passion for improving education for all children.
Please submit your Expressions of Interest with detailed Curriculum Vitae either by delivery or email to address below no later than 07 October 2022 at 4:30pm. Your submission should be clearly marked “Expression of Interest for Child Protection Project Lead”.
Ms. Pelenaise Telefoni.
email address: sptelefoni [at] gmail [dot] com
Address: Chief Executive Officer, Ministry of Education and Training, Vuna Road, Nuku’alofa, Tonga. For further enquiries please contact Ms. Kasanita ‘Ofa at 7710008 or email address: nitaofa [at] gmail [dot] com.