The Tonga Red Cross Society is a dynamic humanitarian organization in Tonga dedicated to saving and improving the lives of the most vulnerable through mobilizing the power of humanity and the spirit of volunteerism. Tonga Red Cross Society is seeking a dynamic and result-oriented finance professional with extensive experience in corporate finance and transaction services.
- The Finance Officer is responsible for entering financial data of Tonga Red Cross Society, ensure that all transactions are recorded accurately and in a timely manner;
- Ensure that monthly reports are prepared on a timely basis for provision to the program staff, the Secretary General and the Board;
- Ensure that all of the financial acquittals and financial reports to donors are accurate and completed on time;
- Prepare all relevant documents for an external annual financial audit and coordinate the audit process;
- Have a good understanding of international accounting principles and standards;
- Ensure that all payments are made and received in a timely manner and recorded appropriately on the financial system;
- Have a good understanding of project accounting;
- Have excellent skills in working with accounting software, particularly QuickBooks, or able to learn a package such as QuickBooks quickly;
- Have a sound knowledge of budget preparation and reporting against budgets;
- Analyse financial statements and project financial reports, identify potential areas of concern and communicate these with relevant staff;
- Maintain open and effective communication with all staff, volunteers and Board members;
- Apply strong ethical standards at all times and report breaches of conduct or breaches of policy immediately to the Secretary General;
- Work closely with program staff to ensure accessibility of funds to implement project activities and timely acquittal of such funds;
- Ensure petty cash and working advances are distributed and acquitted properly;
- Ensure timely and accurate payroll procedures;
- Ensure that TRCS meets its PAYE obligations.
The Tonga Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications must include CV, contact details for two recent referees and a cover letter demonstrating how your skills and experiences meet the requirements of the specific role and Email to sg [at] tongaredcross [dot] to. Job Description could be obtained from society office at Taufa’ahau Road or request to the above email.
Applications to be addressed to Secretary General, Tonga Red Cross Society and will close at 4pm Friday 28th January 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.