Manager Internal Audit
Job Reference: Manager Internal Audit
The operations of the Retirement Fund Board of Tonga are governed by the provisions of the Retirement Fund Act 1998; Retirement Fund Board Act 1998 and the Retirement Fund (Administration) Regulations 1999. The Fund is seeking to appoint a dynamic and suitably qualified individual to the Manager Internal Audit position.
The Manager Internal Audit is responsible for the development and implementation the Audit Plan and Scope of Investigations for the Retirement Fund Board. The incumbent is also responsible for providing technical advice on operational, regulatory and compliance related audits/reviews for the Retirement Fund Board. This role reports to the Deputy Chief Executive Officer. Key responsibilities will include:
- Effective Leadership of the internal audit function including developing/refining the Fund’s audit procedures to strengthen internal controls.
- Ensuring the relevance and successful implementation of the Annual Audit Work Plan.
- Alignment of the Fund’s Audit Plan and Audit reporting/documentation and procedures with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF).
- Providing quality and timely advice on internal control, risk and governance.
- Conducting internal investigation.
- Performing risk assessments, identification and advice of relevant controls to mitigate the risks.
- Providing quality and timely audit reports for executive management and the Fund’s Governance, Compliance, Audit and Risk Committee (GCAR) and the Board of Directors.
- Development and leadership of an internal control culture within the Retirement Fund Board.
- Provide timely and relevant advice, expertise and support provided to all divisions of the Fund with respect to risk management and compliance including other emerging issues.
- Timely and relevant training as well as technical support to management and employees regarding risk management strategies and internal audit programs delivered.
Qualifications and experience
- A tertiary qualification in Accounting with at least three years audit and financial experience, preferably in CA environment or similar internal audit management function.
- Self-motivated and proactive with excellent time management skills and an ability to set priorities and manage deadlines.
- Good working knowledge of auditing/fraud policies/preventative fraud measures.
- Experience in formulating and implementing operational policies and guidelines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a flair for continuous improvement.
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills.
- Sound understanding of accounting and business concepts.
Applications should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae according to the key role competencies with three referees and their contact details.
Interested candidates may obtain further information from the office of the Retirement Fund Board:
|Physical Address:||Retirement Fund Board Building
Corner of Railway & Mateialona Road
|Postal Address||PO Box 96, Nuku’alofa, Tonga.|
|enquiry [at] rfb [dot] to|
Candidates in preparing applications must ensure all requirements are satisfied. Incomplete documentation may prevent proper consideration of the application.
Applications should be forwarded to the following address by 4:00pm on Friday 04th February, 2022:
Chief Executive Officer
Retirement Fund Board
P.O. Box 96
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.