JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Slipway Assistant Operator
Job Vacancy: Slipway Assistant Operator 2
The Purpose of the Position
To assist the Slipway Master in daily operation and management of the Emergency preparedness, response, protection and compliance, Aids to Navigation, Mooring, Pollution
Emergency preparedness, response, protection and compliance.
- It is the responsibility of all staffs in the Marine Services team to be ready at all times when called out to take action in time of accidents / incidents and emergency in the port of Nukualofa.
- Safety of the colleagues at the work place as per the safe working practices procedures.
- To protect the environment from pollution as per maritime regulation, immediately report any oil spillage sighted.
- To undertake tasks and work closely alongside with the other workers as per slipway Master instructions.
- To ensure proper use and care of slipway and boat lifter equipment and tools, materials and supplies.
- To follow the slipway maintenance plan, to minimise further damages to rails, cradle and winch.
- To manage the arrangement of store room, paint locker and workshop to promote Occupation Safety and Health and to minimise incidents.
- To prepare of safe ships, control and setting up right of cradles prior haul up of ship to prevent damages to ship.
- In-charge with the operating of slipway winch with radio for communication when haul up/down of ship.
- To prepare the ship and cradle before haul down of ship to avoid capsize and damages.
- Domestic wharf repair and maintenance team, preparation of material for the repair and maintenance of bollards and wharf fenders.
Aids to navigation
- In-charge of the preparation of material for construction of towers / beacons onshore.
- In-charge of the preparation and construction of the foundation structure in the reef.
- In-charge of the delivery and installation of the tower / beacons and confirm its attachments are well secured and in good order.
- Preparation for the buoy replacement procedures, construction of anchoring / attachment arrangement, its safe delivery and deployment procedures.
- A mooring gang member carry out the safe mooring of International/domestic vessels called in the port at QSIW, Vuna, domestic terminal and Touliki terminal.
- Domestic wharf, assist in shifting and safe mooring of laid up vessels for berth availability in the boat’s basin.
- Shall be called at time of oil spillage in the harbour to carry out its duty with Marine services oil spillage response team.
- Unpack of oil containment booms from container storage, arrange then loaded on to the working boat for deployment. Returned of sausage oil boom and clean up and repack in container.
All applications must be accompanied by a Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, 3 Reference Letters, Recent Police Record, Certified copies of Academic Transcripts/Certificates and Birth Certificate. Please contact 23168 or email lfakatoufifita [at] portsauthoritytonga [dot] com during working hours for more information.
Applications should be labelled “Job Application – Slipway Assistant Operator 2” and addressed to the ACEO, Ports Authority, Tonga, Queen Salote Wharf and to be received no later than 4:00pm Wednesday 27th October 2021.