Expression of Interest – Opportunities in the Pacific Islands
- Various opportunities across the Pacific in the next 12 months
- Open to national and international applicants currently residing in Samoa, Tonga or Solomon Islands
- For executive level roles we welcome applicants with significant Pacific experience who are not currently residing in Samoa, Tonga or Solomon Islands
- Thank you to previous applicants for your interest across the Pacific; previous applicants need not apply to this round
Abt Associates is in the preparatory phase for upcoming new business opportunities in Samoa, Tonga and the Solomon Islands over the next 12 months.
We are looking to build our professional talent pools and seeking interest from highly motivated mid-level and senior-level professionals across several occupational areas in the mentioned countries. Applicants should have a positive working history in Pacific Island countries. We do not have defined roles yet, however, for the purpose of planning and submissions, interested applicants should assume roles are full-time and based in-country.
Opportunities include strategic and operational leadership positions, management positions and technical expert positions that will be instrumental for securing new business and leading program mobilisation.
We are looking to secure talent in the below areas:
- Leadership (strategic and management)
- Program Management
- Operation Management (IT, Finance, Logistics etc)
- Legal, Compliance, Risk Management
- People & Culture
- Capacity Development
- Gender Equality, Disability, and Social Inclusion
- Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning
- Planning, Design & Quality Assurance
- Communications & Public Affairs
If your area of expertise has not been listed above, please proceed and submit your EOI for an alternative area.
Key Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated expertise in relevant area(s) and relevant career achievements
- Experience working in Pacific Island countries preferably working on DFAT funded programs
- Demonstrated effective leadership ability including leading collaboration, strong people management and successfully meeting objectives
- Exceptional rapport and inter-personal skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
- Strong engagement skills with proven experience in developing and maintaining relationships with a wide range of stakeholders (internal and external), highlighting positive and impactful relationships with government partners, donor representatives and key stakeholders
- Demonstrated strong analytical and writing skills with proven high-level capability of producing quality reports and products
How to Apply
Please Note: At this stage, we are only seeking expressions of interest. Please send your CV, as well as brief covering note (maximum one page) summarising your interest, availability and clearly stating which field of specialisation you are expressing your interest in.
We welcome and thank all applications, however due to the anticipated volume of submissions, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. If shortlisted, Abt may be in contact to request further details.
Please submit your application through our careers site: https://jtai.turborecruit.com.au/job/job_details.cfm?id=1064956&from=direct/
If you are unable to apply directly through the link above, please email your CV and overview to donna [dot] wilson [at] abtassoc [dot] com [dot] au
Application Submission: Sunday 18th April (midnight AEST)
Abt's Commitment to Inclusion
Abt Associates is committed to creating a lasting culture of equity, diversity and inclusion. We recognise that in order to achieve full participation, our practices must be free of prejudice, discrimination, and bias that result in inequitable outcomes. We are actively working to advance equity for everyone, and while we still have much work to do, we know that racial and cultural diversity are an asset to our business and the communities where we live and serve. Our ongoing commitment is focused on creating business practices that advance racial and social equity, investments in community impact programs for the benefit of Black, Indigenous, and people of colour, and expand upon project work related to racial equity and social justice. Equal preference will be given to women, men, Indigenous Australian and Papua New Guinean applicants, those from the Pacific, Asia and Africa, and those from diverse backgrounds.
About Abt Associates
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the communities where we work and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and gender. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.