SHORT TERM ADVISER - CODE OF CONDUCT POLICY WRITER
The Pacific Labour Facility (PLF) facilitates seasonal and longer-term work opportunities for Pacific workers in Australia. It connects Australian employers with Pacific workers, supports the administration of the Pacific Labour Scheme and provides targeted support to the Seasonal Worker Programme.
About the Role
This is a 30-day Short Term Adviser position. We are looking for an experienced Policy Writer who will work collaboratively with the Tonga Labour Sending Unit (LSU) to develop a Code of Conduct which will be applied to all Tongan workers across all labour mobility programs.
It is essential that you understand Tongan culture and the moral values and expectations of a Tongan worker by Tongan society and cultural norms.
You must have a legal background and extensive experience in drafting Code of Conduct or relevant policies.
It will be expected of you to develop a code of conduct that must:
- Clearly outline the standard of behaviour expected of Tongan labour mobility workers by the Tongan government.
- Be aligned to the selection criteria for Tongan labour mobility workers.
- Include clear penalties for non-compliance. The penalties must reflect the values and expectations of the Tongan government, culture, and society, and must also be consistent with the laws of Australia and New Zealand.
- Include recommended measures for the effective implementation and enforcement of the Code of Conduct.
The deliverables for this position are:
- A work plan outlining the timeframe for the development of the Code of Conduct and the activities involved.
- A draft Code of Conduct to be submitted to the LSU in Tonga for review.
- A final Code of Conduct incorporating comments from the LSU in Tonga.
The boxes you must tick:
- Preferred tertiary qualifications in industrial relations, employment law, human resources discipline or BA in relevant field
- Demonstrated understanding of Australian and New Zealand laws including employment laws and regulations
- Understanding of labour mobility and the labour mobility programs in Tonga.
This position is open to nationals of Tonga. We encourage people with disabilities to apply. All applications are required to provide a work plan outlining the timeframe for the development of the Code of Conduct and the activities involved. So, if the above sounds like you apply now through the email hr [at] pacificlabourfacility [dot] com [dot] au.
Applications close on 25th September 2020.