TONGA CABLE LIMITED
Job Title: Accountant
Organizational Unit: Finance
Accountability: Finance Manager
Duties and Responsibilities: Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- General and adjusting journal entries
- Tax Returns
- Assist with month-end, quarter-end and year-end close
- General accounting tasks
- Assist with filing, scanning and delivering
- Any other duties as required by the Finance Manager
Skill and Educational Requirements: Preferred candidate would hold a bachelors degree in Accounting and be a member of the Tonga Society of Accountants. Strong computer and Excel skills are vital. Knowledge of QuickBooks would be a bonus. The ideal applicant will stand out by displaying the necessary attributes (listed below).
- Learns and retains new information faster than most
- Consistently meets or exceeds expectations
- High level of accuracy, strong attention to detail
- Requires minimal supervision
- Focused on what is best for the company over self
- Ability to meet deadlines and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently
- Good communication skills
- Team player with a “can-do” attitude
Inter-Relationships: Will work mainly with members of corporate services, but must be able to interact with and maintain positive relationships with members of all departments.
- Full-time (40 hours)
- Fast-paced environment
- Small, casual, fun company culture
- Incentive increments often granted to outstanding employees
Pay: Remuneration per annum will depend on experience and ability of applicant.
Applications along with detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of testimonials to be addressed to CEO of Tonga Cable Limited at Sopu or via email to HR [at] TongaCable [dot] to no later than 3:00pm on Friday 27th of March 2020.