Friendly Islands Shipping Agency (FISA)
Chief Executive Officer
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer
FISA is changing, and we are seeking a great leader who will be responsible for the organizational management of the FISA Ltd, providing strategic Leadership and guidance to FISA staff and programs so as to ensure that:
- FISA operates as a commercially viable public enterprise which generates appropriate returns on Government investment while supporting private sector-led growth;
- Reliable, safe and sustainable maritime transportation services are provided for all island groups in Tonga;
- FISA actively improves its contribution to community development, cleaner environments and climate change resilience; and
- FISA’s internal support program supports its operation as a leading public enterprise that is effective, proactive and efficient in the delivery of its organizational outcomes.
Qualifications and other main attributes for the job:
- A MBA and/or any other post-graduate degree in a relevant field.
- At least 5 years managerial experience preferably in a public enterprise or private company.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead, inspire, motivate and develop people to achieve determined objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to provide and communicate strategic direction.
- Demonstrated capability to drive effective change management processes.
- Demonstrated capacity to manage resources strategically and with probity.
- Demonstrated capacity to engage stakeholders and build and maintain key relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain an effective workplace, including commitment to equity and diversity and Occupational Health and Safety.
A Job description and an Application form will be available from our main office at Queen Salote Wharf, Ma’ufanga or you can enquire via email: info [at] fisa [dot] to.
Please submit your application together with your CV, and copies of certified certificates, police record and references by 4.00pm Friday, 29th May 2020. Please address your application to:
Chairman of the Board
Friendly Islands Shipping Agency,
Queen Salote Wharf,