Tonga Table Tennis Federation
Chief Executive Officer
Position Title: Chief Executive Officer
Reports to: Board of Directors
Term of Employment: 1 year – possibility of renewal annually
Start Date: 10th March 2020
Remuneration: Minimum TOP30,000.00 – can be negotiated at interview stage.
Tonga Table Tennis Federation (TTTF) is a non-profit headquartered in Havelu, Tongatapu and is the National Governing Body for the sport of Table Tennis in Tonga. TTTF is an affiliate member of the Tonga Sports Association and National Olympic Committee (TASANOC). As a member service organization, TTTF promotes table tennis by creating opportunities for active athletes and coaches of all backgrounds to participate in the sport through clubs and tournaments across the nation annually. TTTF is a member of the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) and responsible for selecting and training teams for international competition including the Pacific Games and Olympic Games. Tonga Table Tennis is committed to providing inclusive table tennis programs and activities for all members of the community regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, ability, age or sexual orientation.
Based in Havelu at TASANOC, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) provides leadership to manage the direction of TTTF in a manner commensurate with its mission and values. Responsibilities include implementation of the TTTF strategic plan as adopted by the Board of Directors; ensuring operational efficiency, sustainability and promotion of TTTF programs and services; effectively building relationships and communication with volunteers, partners and sponsors; managing public relations, media, and marketing initiatives; taking measures to ensure the fiscal soundness of TTTF; making fair-and-responsible personnel actions; and achieving success in resource-development initiatives. Moderate travel will be required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following represents a list of essential duties and responsibilities. Additional duties and responsibilities are identified in TTTF’s strategic plan and other responsibilities may be identified and assigned.
- Confer with the Board to establish overall strategic-and-tactical business objectives.
- In conjunction with the Board, establish current and long-range goals, objectives, plans and policies for the organization.
- Ensure effective hiring, leadership and employee management.
- Mentor, motivate and develop employees. Evaluate employee performance and hold employees accountable.
- Ensure the efficiency, operation and success of programs and services so they are sustainable and in conformance with TTTF’s mission, as well as a standard of high quality.
- Manage the finances of TTTF in accordance with the approved budget and report to the Board in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for the overall profit and loss of the organization.
- Create and instil a fun working culture that inspires pride, passion, dedication, loyalty and cohesiveness. Ensure appropriate employee training and development programs.
- Identify areas of operation in which TTTF would benefit by outsourcing and developing external partnerships in order to drive efficiencies for the organization.
Resource Development, Marketing, Communication and Technology
- Diversify revenue through solicitation of sponsors, licensing and other business initiatives.
- Prospect, negotiate and close new potential sponsors, creating dynamic activation plans and driving benefits for TTTF constituents.
- Seek opportunities to increase the national awareness of TTTF and the sport of table tennis.
- Serve as the public spokesperson for media requests and interviews.
- Be present and engaged at TTTF events.
- Expand organizational reach and drive membership-and-member engagement.
- Regularly communicate the milestones and successes achieved by the organization.
- Foster new and ongoing relationships with TTTF club directors.
- Continue to elevate and ensure ongoing positive relations with the ITTF and ITTF-Oceania.
- Establish a regionalization program across the country.
- Engage and improve the quantity, scope and effectiveness of TTTF volunteers and committees to leverage these important human resources.
EDUCATION AND / OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business, non-profit management, sports management, or equivalent work or education-related experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of senior-level business experience. Association or sport National Governing Body experience is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to create, develop and oversee the implementation of strategic and operational business plans.
- Demonstrated financial-management skills, including budgeting, planning and administration.
- Strong written-and-verbal communication skills, including excellent public-speaking skills.
- Proven ability negotiating all aspects of contracts, commitments, activation, etc.
- Skilled in organizational development, personnel management, budgeting and resource development.
- Excellent leadership and people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic and engaged volunteer and membership base.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the organization’s mission.
- Flexible and able to prioritize key activities and oversee multiple tasks and priorities. Ability to work effectively within a fast-moving environment.
- Knowledge of digital and technological trends and best practices relevant for a membership-driven sports organization.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to netinamoalalatu [at] gmail [dot] com. Please contact Netina Latu for further information on 7754509 or above email.Application closes 4:00pm Friday 28th February 2020.