Peace Corps - Tonga
Language and Cultural Facilitator
|OPEN TO:||All Interested Candidates|
|POSITION:||Language Cultural Facilitator|
|OPENING DATE:||10 January 2020|
|CLOSING DATE:||24 January 2020|
|WORK HOURS:||Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:30pm (8hrs plus 1 hour lunch)|
The United Peace Corps/Tonga is recruiting for a full-time Language and Cultural Facilitator (LCF). This person will work closely with the Programming and Training Unit implementing annual training events, identifying and preparing new sites, working with host families in communities throughout Tonga where Peace Corps Volunteers work, and facilitating the language and cultural learning of Volunteers pre-service and during their service through language teaching, tutor training, and training facilitation.
The LCF will work approximately 2 – 3 months of the year in the training community and other 9 – 10 months the LCF works out of the Peace Corps Tonga office in Nuku’alofa and travels frequently to the various island groups for site identification and preparation – including host family and homestay preparation activities, site visits, and in-service training events.
- High school certificate or higher education.
- A balanced mix of:
- Experience in language tutoring or teaching.
- Experience in planning and implementing training for adults.
- Experience in instructional learning materials or resources.
- Experience in using computer software (ex. Microsoft Suite) and other forms of technology proficiently.
- Speaks, reads, and writes the Tongan language fluently.
- Organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- A driver's license (driving 4x4 official vehicles with manual transmissions).
- Availability to travel throughout the different island groups, approximately 30% of the time, including overnight travel over multiple days.
- A citizen of host country or has current, valid authorization to work in host country.
- Able to get an American visa.
- Diploma in Education, Curriculum Design, Linguistics, Cultural Studies or related fields.
- Experience with online learning management systems desirable.
- Experience in using digital resources.
- Experience working in the Pacific Sub-Region.
- Experience in managing cross-cultural training programs.
- Experience in community development projects.
- Experience in motivating and working with community groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as in a group setting.
- Willingness to take calls, work, travel during odd hours and weekends.
Experience working with Americans and an understanding of American culture.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Mail: Attention: Director of Management and Operations, U.S Peace Corps/Tonga, PO Box 147, Nuku’alofa, Tonga
Email: to-hrtonga [at] peacecorps [dot] gov
In person: Peace Corps/Tonga Office, Hala Tupoulahi, Fasi-moe-Afi, Nuku’alofa
Or call telephone number 25-466 ext.124
Closing Date of Application – Friday 24, January 2020
The United States Peace Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.