“Seeking Consultant/s” for the Development of the Tonga National NCD Strategy 2020-2025
Role and Responsibilities
The role and responsibilities of this position/s is to provide the technical assistance, authorship and leadership required to develop the Tonga National NCD Strategy 2020-2025, including a model for its governance, monitoring and evaluation and implementation. The person/s will work with the Government of Tonga Ministry of Health (Ministry of Health), Tonga Health Promotion Foundation (TongaHealth) and other key stakeholders to develop the NCD Strategy 2020-2025. This is a collaborative project lead by the Ministry of Health and TongaHealth.
This tender is open to individuals or small collaborative teams based in Tonga or the Pacific region.
It outlines a shared understanding between the Ministry of Health, Tonga Health the National NCD Committee (NNCDC) for the development of the next National Strategy for Prevention and Control Non-Communicable Disease 2020-2025 (NCD Strategy 2020-2025).
This tender is to develop the Tonga National NCD Strategy 2020-2025 (including a monitoring and evaluation framework, a governance framework and 5 year implementation plan), through a collaborative stakeholder engagement process.
- The person/s will be provided with a work place/duty station at either Tonga Health or the Ministry of Health, if required. Details to be negotiated on appointment.
- Payment Schedule
- To be negotiated on appointment.
- A summary of the resources available to support the position/s can be found in the Background Briefing document.
Experience and Qualifications
- Postgraduate qualifications in public health or related discipline
- Combined 10+ years working in governance or health policy and programs in Tonga and/or the Pacific region (preferably with a focus on NCDs)
- In order to apply you must submit:
- A detailed Project Budget and
- Draft Project Work Plan
All applications must reach us no later than Monday 23rd September 2019, 9:00am.
For background information for the Development of the National NCD Strategy 2020-2025 or enquiries please contact ofeina [dot] filimoehala [at] tongahealth [dot] org [dot] to or sarah [dot] jones [at] tongahealth [dot] org [dot] to or call telephone (+676) 25-721 during working hours from 8:30am to 4:30pm. Below is the link to the tender document on our website:
Only considered applicants will be contacted for interview.