Tonga Health Promotion Foundation invites interested applicants to apply for the positions of:
- Monitoring and Evaluation Manager (re-advertised)
- Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
- Health Promotion Program/Project Officer
1. Monitoring and Evaluation Manager (re-advertised)
Responsible for Managerial oversight of:
- The design, implementation and reporting of high quality and appropriate monitoring and evaluation activities.
- All research activities.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in the fields of statistics, management, public health or related field.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research and monitoring.
- Experience in writing research terms of reference and evaluation research tenders.
- Experience in research contract management.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Minimum salary is TOP$32,002 per annum but starting salary will depend on qualifications and skills.
2. Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
The focus of this job is to mentor and support National NCD Strategy implementing partners to collect and report high quality monitoring data and to assist in translating this data into effective reports and communication pieces.
The knowledge and skills required are:
- Relevant qualification (e.g. public health, community development).
- Experience in program monitoring (essential).
- Experience/knowledge of participatory monitoring practices (desirable).
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills (essential).
- Ability to plan and manage time (essential).
- Attention to detail, in particular with developing and following work-plans and timelines (essential).
- Minimum salary is TOP$16,127 per annum but starting salary will depend on qualifications and skills.
3. Health Promotion Program Officer
The key purpose of this role is to support the Senior Health Promotion Project Officer to implement effective delivery of the National NCD Strategy ensuring evidence based interventions and initiatives. Ensure maintenance of positive relationships with implementing partners through effective project management systems and clear day-to-day communications on all project related matters.
- A minimum qualification of a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health or Health Promotion or equivalent work experience.
- A sound understanding of national and international policy frameworks including WHO Global NCD Action plan 2013 - 2020 and Tonga National NCD Strategy 2015 - 2020.
- Proven project, grant and contract management skills.
- Knowledge of social marketing and strategic health communications.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain program focus, attain specified targets, work within budgets.
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills.
- Proven administrative and organizational skills.
- At least 12 month’s experience working in public health or health promotion.
- Solid understanding of the principles and practice of monitoring and evaluation.
- Minimum salary is TOP$16,127 per annum. Starting salary will depend on qualifications and skills.
For the full Job Descriptions please visit https://www.tongahealth.org/careers or call telephone 25-721.
All interested applicants are requested to send in applications (including CV, academic achievements and two referees) no later than the 18th September 2019 by 4:30pm either through:
- Email to TongaHealth at info [at] tongahealth [dot] org [dot] to.
- Drop it off to our main office at Vaiola beside the Ministry of Health’s complex at Tofoa.
All enquiries can also be directed to the above email address and phone number.