MINISTRY OF METEOROLOGY, ENERGY, INFORMATION, DISASTER MANAGEMENT, ENVIRONMENT, CLIMATE CHANGE AND COMMUNICATIONS (MEIDECC)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Communication and Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Pacific Resilience Program (PREP) Tonga
Credit No: 5689 TO/Grant No.: D078 TO
Assignment Title: Communication and Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Reference No.: PREPTonga / CON09
The Government of Tonga has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Pacific Resilience Program (PREP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services for Communication and Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
The Consultant service (“the Services”) is to provide the Project with effective and efficient communication and monitoring and evaluation services and assist in providing the appropriate contribution to the timely and effective monitoring and evaluation of activities under the Project. This is a full time position and will be based at the Project Management Unit (PMU) at MEIDECC.
The Ministry of Meteorology, Energy, Information, Disaster Management, Environment, Climate Change and Communications (MEIDECC) now invites eligible Individual Consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing their Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The Shortlisting criteria are:
- Bachelor Degree in Communications, Economics, Science, Social Science, or Project Management or discipline relevant to monitoring and evaluation
- Experienced in implementation of project communication processes and working with stakeholder at Government and community level
- At least 5 years’ experience in programme M&E, evidence based strategic planning and demonstrates high-level analytical skills and at least 2 years of communication experienc
- Knowledge of the Pacific region or experience of working in a small-island developing state (SIDS) context;
- Experience preparing official reports and briefing
- Experience maintaining information systems and filing system
- Experience in World Bank/internationally-funded or government project
- Excellent communication skills, including good oral and written English and Tongan, with the ability to write for and to a variety of stakeholder hierarchies;
- Demonstrated ability to work and deal successfully with stakeholder groups from a wide variety of technical and cultural backgrounds;
- Strong IT literacy and competency with MS Office.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for Investment Project Financing Borrowers” July 2016 revised November 2017 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Selection of Individual Consultant method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained by sending an email to: Lilika Fifita, PREP PMU at: preptonga [at] gmail [dot] com - Project Management Unit, MEIDECC.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person or by e-mail) by 25 June 2019.
Attention: Paula Ma’u
The Chief Executive Officer
Ministry of Meteorology, Energy, Information, Disaster Management, Environment, Climate Change and Communications (MEIDECC)
P. O. Box 1380
1st Floor OG Sanft Building
Tel: (676) 23-160 or 28-170
E-mail: paulm [at] mic [dot] gov [dot] to and copy to PMU: preptonga [at] gmail [dot] com